PDA

View Full Version : AJo out of the BB

Luke
04-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Party 5/10 full game.

Folded to the a complete unknown in the CO-2 and he open raises. A loose/passive (35/5) player cold calls in the hijack (CO-1).

Button and SB fold, I call in the BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

(3 players, 6 SBs)
Flop [ J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]

I check, PFR bets, loose CCer raises, I call, PFR 3-bets, CCer folds, I call.

How was my flop play and what's my line for the rest of the hand?

Luke

Fat Nicky
04-27-2005, 11:59 AM
I like betting out on the flop. The hand plays differently from there.

mtdoak
04-27-2005, 12:53 PM
I lead out this flop every time.

Perseus
04-27-2005, 01:18 PM
I bet the flop.

Calling all along here is the worst thing you can do IMO. When it comes back to you either three bet it or fold it if you think you're beat, but you have to be absolutely positive you are beat.

This is why you bet the flop.

Luke
04-27-2005, 01:22 PM
I like betting out on the flop. The hand plays differently from there.

Plenty of times I'll bet out in a situation like this but this time I just thought a checkraise attempt was a little bit better since:
-there's a good chance I'm ahead
-there aren't many hands that have more than 3 outs against me (KQ I suppose)
-I get to trap the loose player for a bet or two

But when the CCer raised, I saw little reason to jam the flop but to be honest I wasn't sure.

Nicky (or anyone else), if you accidentally checked the flop the 1st time around, what would you do from there?

Luke

chief444
04-27-2005, 01:26 PM
I don't understand why everyone is so against the flop check. CO-2 is probably autobetting the flop so why not let him?

After he 3-bets I'm probably check/calling the turn and river unimproved. I can see betting the river but it's unlikely IMO it gets checked through.

edit...as far as the flop cold-call I don't mind it. I'd often 3-bet and continue to lead if not capped though. But if you have the best hand there probably aren't many outs for either opponent so it's not like you should mind CO-2 overcalling the flop.

NickRegino
04-27-2005, 01:31 PM
i would have just went ahead and bet out the flop and see how everyone else responds.

Fat Nicky
04-27-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why everyone is so against the flop check. CO-2 is probably autobetting the flop so why not let him?

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent point. I can't find a reason why you could be wrong?

Fat Nicky
04-27-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent point. I can't find a reason why you could be wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually chief, how can we be so sure that this will check through on the flop. I'm iffy since we have no read on the pf raiser. just a thought?

i'm still confused on whether to bet out or check/raise this flop.

chief444
04-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Obviously you can never be sure. But it is a J75 rainbow board and not a huge pot so it isn't the end of the world if it does check through. But I would expect the preflop raiser to bet this flop probably 80% of the time if not more including those times he's holding A-high or KQ or even worse. So I look at this check as almost giving yourself position on the flop. Now if the preflop raiser is very passive I would bet out. However, I'm check raising here most of the time.

Luke
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
I stand by my initial reasoning to go for a flop checkraise, but I'm still not sure about what to do when it comes back to me bet and raised.

3-betting *might* make the hand easier to play from that point forward but then again I may end up paying the most if the PFR has a stronger hand like 77, JJ, QQ, KK, or AA, as I'll have a hard time folding unless it is 2 bets back to me on the turn.

And if I 3-bet the flop, my opponents will have an easy fold with TT, AT, AQ, AK (which I don't think I want to give them). Of course I get to charge them the max if they want to continue with those hands and others like KJ and QJ that they won't be folding, regardless of my action.

Also, I still think I'm ahead at this point, and by 3-betting, I prevent my opponent(s) from checking for free ones on the turn with a hand that needs help. I figure this is somewhat likely given the somewhat passive tendencies of the average 5/10 player.

So as I see it now, I like the 3-bet better but are there any factors I'm missing?

Luke

PokerBob
04-27-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party 5/10 full game.

Folded to the a complete unknown in the CO-2 and he open raises. A loose/passive (35/5) player cold calls in the hijack (CO-1).

Button and SB fold, I call in the BB with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

(3 players, 6 SBs)
Flop [ J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]

I check, PFR bets, loose CCer raises, I call, PFR 3-bets, CCer folds, I call.

How was my flop play and what's my line for the rest of the hand?

Luke

[/ QUOTE ]

I am check/3-betting that flop all day long.

RiverTheNuts
04-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Im with bob... check and 3 bet when it gets back and let the CC'er with QJ come along, while the douche with AK/AQ/ any pair will ditch

Luke
04-27-2005, 04:50 PM
The turn and river came running offsuit deuces and I check called only to be shown a set of jacks. MHING.

Thanks for the comments.

Luke