PDA

View Full Version : I hate this line..

Niwa
04-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB ($22.75)
BB ($50)
UTG ($4)
Hero ($49.25)
Button ($27.58)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50, UTG folds.

Flop: ($4.75) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($4.75) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2.

River: ($8.75) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: $11.75

PinkSteel
04-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Pot the flop? How would you bet the flop w/ TPGK?

canis582
04-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Bet .5 on the flop to show weakness.
It all depends on how the table has been. Some people are smart enough not to pay you off.

Sam T.
04-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Bet the flop. With a flopped set, I want to build a huge pot quickly. If you want to get tricky, check the turn to feign AK that missed, and perhaps induce a bluff there or on the river.

Villain has J9, and/or a diamond draw, and doesn't think his pair is good.

They can't all be idiots.

Sam

jhall23
04-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Especially after a PF raise you should be betting this flop. Wouldn't you typically bet the flop with TP, A missed AK or an overpair? A check here looks pretty suspicous. It might win an extra few bucks from some crap hand but is losing out on tons of EV if they caught the flop in some way.

It's really nice in 6max that you will often get played back at when betting the flop after raising PF because people will be testing you on your wiffed AK etc. They may call and then bet the turn or they may raise the flop.

By being agressive with your other hands on the flop it will increase your chances of getting paid off huge when you flop big. Sometimes they just won't have anything and they will fold to your flop bet, but dems da berries. You can't always score big when you hit your set.

Niwa
04-27-2005, 12:57 PM
It just seems that if I raise with a pocketpair and hit I get really scared to lose them. I want so much but get so little. I won't ever get some with this sucky lines.

swedeD
04-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Well, looks like he didn't had much so then it's hard to double up on a set.

I almost never reraise with TT, if I hit I want a multiway pot. In this case your preflop raise and the queen on the flop reduced your chances to win a huge pot. I would bet a weak bet at the flop, if that one is called maybe check on a blank turn to make him think I have unimproved AK, trying to induce a bluff or make him think his QJ or 99 or whatever is good.

PinkSteel
04-27-2005, 01:15 PM
You're not going to get "so much" out of a single opponent who's OOP to you and maybe holding garbage. Doesn't matter what your hand is.

But you stand a better chance of getting something out of him earlier in the hand, when he still has a hope, and if you disguise your play such that he may reasonably believe that all you're betting is a pair and he actually has a chance.

So bet the flop with something comparable to what you would bet top pair/middle pair/draw. If he mucks your run-of-the-mill flop bet, it was just never meant to be.

radioheadfan
04-27-2005, 02:27 PM
When my opponents raise before the flop and then check the flop when they could have bet, I am immediately very suspicious. Tons of players make this mistake don't be one of them. Fire out the pot and hope he hit his top pair. With QQ on a Q82 rainbow flop maybe you can give a free one to let them catch up, but on this flop he could have KJ, KQ or AQ and be ready to give you lots of action. You have to start building this pot on the flop. Sometime's you'll lose our opponent on the flop. But when you the opponent has top pair good kicker, you usually stack them at these limits.

Would you rather win $2 from your opponent 5 times or stack him once out of five times for $25?