PDA

View Full Version : Fun w/ KK

The Dude
04-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Party Poker 5-10. UTG is a 28/7'er and LP and CO both were in the 25/15-20/5 range, I dont' remember exactly.

Preflop:
UTG raises, The Dude 3-bets from EP w/ K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Folded to LP who calls 3 cold, as does CO. Blinds fold, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SBs) A/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG checks, The Dude bets, LP raises, CO calls 2 cold, as does UTG. The Dude calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (10.5 BBs)
UTG checks, The Dude checks, LP bets, CO raises, UTG calls cold, The Dude folds.

Comments?

chief444
04-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Sure. I guess the only question is whether to bet or check the flop but I'd bet out.

Petteri
04-27-2005, 09:55 AM
Good play.

You bet to ace high flop, hoping no-one will raise. You got raised and got 2 cold-callers. Pot was 19 SB before you called raise. Implied odds justify calling 1 SB.

There is no point in investing any more money to pot on turn.

Reprocess
04-27-2005, 10:19 AM
perfect

Catch of the Day
04-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Check fold the flop...Prag.

Catch-

The Dude
04-27-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check fold the flop... [unneccesary and cruel insult ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ding ding ding ding. The Dude [censored] this one up pretty badly.

bakku
04-27-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the flop, Dude.

sthief09
04-27-2005, 02:39 PM
I have been checking the flop there recently. It's basically a function of me being a giant vag. Please convince me that it's bad. I should add that I'd check and overcall on the flop, but check and fold on the turn

sthief09
04-27-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok well I'm glad I'm not a vag for wanting to check the flop. I would call though. set outs plus backdoor outs, plus a small possibility you have the best hand and the turn gets checked through. it's a small investment and even if you have the best hand 5-10% of the time, that's still significant

bakku
04-27-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok well I'm glad I'm not a vag for wanting to check the flop. I would call though. set outs plus backdoor outs, plus a small possibility you have the best hand and the turn gets checked through. I think it's a small investment and even if you have the best hand 5-10% of the time, that's still significant

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I would have done.

brettbrettr
04-27-2005, 02:49 PM
nh.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-27-2005, 02:54 PM
check the flop homie. kinda sucks you don't have position in this hand though. fukking floaters.

EDIT TO ADD: This hand isn't that fun.

nolanfan34
04-27-2005, 02:56 PM
At first glance, I thought this looked pretty standard, and couldn't figure out right away why you posted it. The turn fold looks pretty simple.

But you're right, based on the pre-flop action, it's tough to think that you're not up against an A, let alone something like TT. I'm trying to think of hands that I've ever called 3 cold with, and I can't even think of any, outside of maybe the stray AK or AA for deception purposes.

Even a slightly loose passive player is going to have a much smaller range of cold 3-bet calling hands than just calling 2 cold.

Catch of the Day
04-27-2005, 03:03 PM
In this specific situation it would be check fold, as the likelihood of it being only one bet back to you is pretty slim. If however, it was only one bet, then yes call.

Catch-

NickRegino
04-27-2005, 03:06 PM
yes i would bet the flop for value, if you get raised, you know you are beat or at least you would like to think that.

NickRegino
04-27-2005, 03:07 PM
yea, i was thinking to check/fold the turn

The Dude
04-27-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok well I'm glad I'm not a vag for wanting to check the flop. I would call though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm calling one bet, folding for two. As it turned out, both LP and CO had AK and UTG had AQ, so it seems pretty unlikely that I'd see the turn for 1 bet.

Justin A
04-27-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be a check/call depending on the action.

Justin A
04-27-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be a check/call depending on the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, everyone posted this right before me. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

The Dude
04-27-2005, 03:34 PM
Go away, fish.