PDA

View Full Version : Discovered : Perfect site for the SNG pro. (If it had any players)

The once and future king
04-27-2005, 07:50 AM
I wont name the site as I dont want to be called a spammer.

Here are the reasons this site is perfect.

1. Client allows you to play 6 tables on any monitor, (It rezises the client and tables)

2. Anyone playing 30+ SNGs 30$+ buy in a day would get 45-50% rake back, paid weekly directly from the site.

lorinda
04-27-2005, 08:07 AM
If only pokerchamps had a client that did that.

Sounds almost identical except it only lets me play two tables on my little monitor.

Lori

The once and future king
04-27-2005, 08:35 AM
My mistake, Ive only looked at it on my realy big monitor.

I assumed that because the client splits into 6 tables it would work on any monitor.

Still 50% rake back a week aint bad. Why isnt this site generating more heat?

niwotyalpi
04-27-2005, 08:42 AM
Well whats the site name so i can check this out.

The once and future king
04-27-2005, 08:56 AM
pokerchamps.com

lorinda
04-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Why isnt this site generating more heat?

I think the initial spamfest that went with their launch (For obvious reasons that are probably improper to talk about) put a lot of people off.

It's a great site IMO, but the usual "no players play, so no players visit" trap seems to have got them /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Check out the little world map with the moving light/dark zones so you know who isn't sleeping when they should be /images/graemlins/smile.gif

FWIW I've played four $1 SNG's there and I came 1.2.1.1. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Lori

Voltron87
04-27-2005, 09:38 AM
What's the blind structure? I'm not going to play there if their SNGs take too long. Party has terrible players and their structure is good. It is going to take a lot for me to move from Party.

The once and future king
04-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Well if you play 30 50s 5 days a week its worth $375 paid weekly.

If you lose more than this due to a change in structure and game quality then of course its not the right move. At the moment Im not sure there are many 50s running. Its a Catch22. I wont play there because there are no players, there are no players because no one plays there.

Obviously it would be perfect if it had Partys numbers and players and also 50% rake back.

BradleyT
04-27-2005, 10:28 AM
Do they have any type of playerbase for SnGs?

Voltron87
04-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Well 50% rakeback is a kind of factor that would pull me away from party.

They might be giving out 50 rakeback to get a player base, and stop giving out this level of rakeback when they fill up, so I might grab one of these accounts now.

The once and future king
04-27-2005, 10:38 AM
Just a note to add that they increase there rakeback incrementaly in regards to how much rake you pay.

So its possible one may get less than 50% depending on the volume of games one is able to play.

Cleveland Guy
04-27-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the blind structure? I'm not going to play there if their SNGs take too long. Party has terrible players and their structure is good. It is going to take a lot for me to move from Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party has a terrible structure for SnGs - It's just that there are so many bad players, but many sites have a better SnG Structure.

Voltron87
04-27-2005, 10:48 AM
What do you mean by better? Longer, with blinds escalating more slowly?

Cleveland Guy
04-27-2005, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean by better? Longer, with blinds escalating more slowly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bigger starting chip stacks and the blind/chip stack ratio.

I know it takes a bit longer - but should reduce variance too.

It also lets you play more poker.

I have seen too many posts of there still being 5-6 players left with blinds at 100-200.

Looking at starting stacks of 800 vs. 1500.

If there are 5 people left with the BB of 200.

With 8000 chips - average stack is 8xBB
With 1500 Chips - average stack is 15xBB

Voltron87
04-27-2005, 11:00 AM
I would rather have faster blinds, it lets me get right to the part of the SNG which I have the biggest edge, the bubble. Level 1 is profitable since there are always a few crazies, but after that I like just getting straight to the bubble.

I am not too worried about variance, I would rather get more SNGs in.

In summary: My edge on the bubble >> my edge with low blinds with "more poker".

I would rather play 100 SNGs with a ROI of 20 than 50 with a ROI of 25.

Cleveland Guy
04-27-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would rather have faster blinds, it lets me get right to the part of the SNG which I have the biggest edge, the bubble. Level 1 is profitable since there are always a few crazies, but after that I like just getting straight to the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's somewhat a matter of personal preference. But I don't think playing with more chips will make it take twice as long.

Plus I can play more hands with deeper chip stacks to put me in a better position on the bubble.

Bluff Daddy
04-27-2005, 12:45 PM
are there any other sites where you can resize the tables?

Patriarch
04-27-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are there any other sites where you can resize the tables?

[/ QUOTE ]
Prima network.

Newt_Buggs
04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
I can't believe every poker site doesn't have a ton of features for its software. I mean, its really not that hard to add them in and would costs small, small fraction of what is generated by the rake. Especially for a site like party poker its just embarassing. I messed around on Pacific poker a while back until I realized that you can only play one table at once (why???) and can't view hand histories while sitting at the table.....

dfscott
04-27-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's somewhat a matter of personal preference. But I don't think playing with more chips will make it take twice as long.

Plus I can play more hands with deeper chip stacks to put me in a better position on the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Party's structure better because there are less decisions (e.g., all-in or fold). Less decisions == easier decisions == quicker decisions == more simultaneous tables.

nickianthony
04-27-2005, 05:17 PM
the problem with pokerchamps is the lack of players. i'm playing there right now, playing $5.50's while i work up enough money for the $11 party games. it's not too hard to find $1.10 and $5.50 games on pokerchamps, but anything higher is just uncommon.

hopefully the transition from pokerchamps to party will be easy... it should be easier than my move from UB to party, anyway. i'm planning on hitting $400 before moving to party and starting the $11. any thoughts?

swarm
04-27-2005, 05:24 PM
why not start on party with a rakeback account. There are offers out there.

Might as well get use to the play, structure, etc.. at the place you hope to make money.

It's not like your making massive money with rakeback at these tiny levels.

raptor517
04-27-2005, 05:28 PM
ding ding ding. winning sngs isnt about being a better poker player. its about being a better shove artist. holla

valenzuela
04-27-2005, 05:33 PM
For me the perfect sng site is:
1)Cool software.
2)Bad players.
3)Quick structure.
4)Lots of players.
4)Ability to 4table.
4 out of 5, Ill take it.

viennagreen
04-27-2005, 05:34 PM
I think we were talking about good sites for an SNG pro.

Most pros here prefer Party's structure.

For a recreational player, I can understand the desire to have more chips and more playing time.

valenzuela
04-27-2005, 05:36 PM
Im a recreational player and I prefer party structure, in fact I like a quicker structure not because of the hourly rate but cause its more fun and cool.( for me)

The once and future king
04-27-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im a recreational player and I prefer party structure, in fact I like a quicker structure not because of the hourly rate but cause its more fun and cool.( for me)

[/ QUOTE ]

50% Rakeback (probably)>structure

Benholio
04-27-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
50% Rakeback (probably)>structure

[/ QUOTE ]

50% rakeback = 5% ROI (at 10% raked games)
25% rakeback on party skin = 2.5% ROI (same games)

I think that any number of factors could outweigh a 2.5% ROI increase from rakeback. Structure being one of the big ones.

Lets say you only have a 10% 'natural' ROI. It doesn't take many more sng/her to make up the difference between 15% and 12.5% ROI.

The once and future king
04-28-2005, 05:39 AM
Does anyone know what the poker champs structure is?

I forgot to factor in any rake back one recieves at another site one all ready plays.

Though I still think there is merit in recieving this 50% back weekly and directly from the site without need for a possibley unreliable relationship with an afilaite.

XChamp
04-28-2005, 08:42 AM
You can get back considerably more than 50% of your rake.

http://download.pokerchamps.com/p_bonusaffiliates.html

That is, if you sign up the right people and move the money around.

If you sign up on your own, however, getting 50% rake back by yourself will basically be impossible playing sit and goes. I don't what the original poster was talking about.

For example, say you and your 3 friends both generate $1,000 a week in rake. So you sign up, and then one friend signs up under you, and then another under that friend.

Your friend at the bottom will get $350 depositited into his account each week. The friend in the middle will get $577.50 into his account each week, and you will get $634.38.

If you all signed up on your own everyone would just get $350. This way you end up with $511.88 extra (about)

Someone tell me if I calculated this wrong.

This means that if you split all the rake up evenly, each person would end up getting about 52.5% back.

(edit: added example)

XChamp
04-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Try fiddling around with this rakeback structure using 3 serious high level cash game players that generate 5k+ a week each. Each would get back 63% of his rake.

The once and future king
04-28-2005, 09:22 AM
If you play 50 100 sitngos a day Monday to Friday you will easily get 50% rakeback.

So stfu.

nickianthony
04-28-2005, 09:44 AM
yeah, it's not the rakeback that's attracting me to pokerchamps now. i'd be playing on party now if party had $5.50 SNGs or if i had the bankroll to play the $11s yet.

Wes ManTooth
04-28-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Party's structure better because there are less decisions (e.g., all-in or fold). Less decisions == easier decisions == quicker decisions == more simultaneous tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Less decisions?? if you want less decisions try bingo.
Granted Party is full of horrible players, making the SNGs quite profitable, but their structure is still poor.

XChamp
04-28-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you play 50 100 sitngos a day Monday to Friday you will easily get 50% rakeback.

So stfu.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see you prove that.

50 $100 sit and goes a day would make 350 a week.

(350 SnGs) *($9/SnG)= 315,000 P1 points.

You need 1,000,000 P1 points to get 50%. At 315,000 you get 35%.

XChamp
04-29-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So stfu.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well are you going to show me that there is a special deal for Sit&Go players that is not stated on the PokerChamps website or are you going to tell me to shut the [censored] up again?