Non_Comformist
04-27-2005, 05:17 AM
wait that thing is real?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
04-27-2005, 05:17 AM
holy [censored] [censored]!

The Dude
04-27-2005, 05:18 AM
Kill it of course, but only after pictures are taken. Trophies are always good.

ethan
04-27-2005, 05:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Loc: Northern, VA

[/ QUOTE ]

My play is to stay the hell away from Northern, VA. As far as the spider goes, your best bet is to play it safe and burn the house.

Tacjedi
I would let it eat the giant flies that were additionally photoshoped into my house.

purnell
Poor fella picked the wrong house. Dead spider.

Non_Comformist
04-27-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My play is to stay the hell away from Northern, VA. As far as the spider goes, your best bet is to play it safe and burn the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything above.

Catch of the Day
04-27-2005, 05:23 AM
Okay, I grew up in the mountains, and am far from a pussy when it come to this sorta ish, but that is the scariest fcuking spider I have ever seen. I would kill it while screaming like a little girl. But not before taking pictures.

Catch-

kipin
04-27-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a picture I took, just wanted opinions on how you handle the situation.

shant
04-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Holy [censored]. I would kill it but first I'd run around in circles holding my skirt while I screamed like a little bitch.

DBowling
04-27-2005, 05:34 AM
you have to catch it. im not sure how, but you have to. not even i get that kinda [censored] in my place

Evan
04-27-2005, 05:36 AM
Is it on me?? I feel like its one me right now! Jeez, I'm not going to sleep tonight because of those fu[/i]cking pictures.

billyjex
04-27-2005, 05:37 AM
i would seriously scream and [censored] my pants.

i'd be scared that [censored] is poisonus or some other crazy [censored].

Rotating Rabbit
04-27-2005, 05:41 AM
Redecorate the living room.

Brainwalter
04-27-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would seriously scream and [censored] my pants.

i'd be scared that [censored] is poisonus or some other crazy [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

With spiders I'm pretty sure the bigger, the less likely poisonous. And that fcker's big.

BOTW
04-27-2005, 06:12 AM
Grab a magazine and get it to crawl on it so you can put it outside, or put it in a big jar so you can feed it stuff.

Spiders are cool and eat non-cool insects. Think of them in the same vein as ladybugs--they are only a problem if you get infested.

Edit to add that spiders don't really "infest" anything. If you see a lot of them it is likely that they are babies or looking for some hot spider action. I'm no spider expert but I'm pretty sure that is an unphotoshopped picture.

Evan
04-27-2005, 06:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they are only a problem if you get infested.

[/ QUOTE ]
That one guy would qualify as an infestation at my house.

jason_t
04-27-2005, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it on me?? I feel like its one me right now! Jeez, I'm not going to sleep tonight because of those fu[/i]cking pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that spider bigger than you?

BOTW
04-27-2005, 06:37 AM
If you hate having them around you should just go ahead and kill the ones you see since most house spiders can't survive outdoors. This dude can fend for himself, I'm sure.

Evan
04-27-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, in fact I am typing this post from underneath a clock on my wall.

Dynasty
04-27-2005, 06:41 AM
Any bugs that come into my home die a quick death.

I'm not sure how I would approach this sucker, though. Since I have no clue what kind of spider it is (or any other big bug), I'd get something to use as a shield while I try to squash it with something big and flat.

Gross.

mmbt0ne
04-27-2005, 06:42 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny because you said this at 5:30 in the morning.

Jazza
04-27-2005, 07:53 AM
wow. i just looked up at my ceiling and saw a huntsman that looks just like this (http://www.northcoast.com/~rchilds/spidermark.htm) one.

and i was just about to say "but no worries cause it's pretty harmless" untill i read that caption on the photo /images/graemlins/frown.gif

i think i'm just gonna leave it there, iv'e seen several in this house before and they seem to just stick to the ceilings and walls and not move around much.

Pinga
04-27-2005, 08:42 AM
That is probably a very dead huntsman (http://www.spiderzrule.com/spiderphotos03.htm) spider. (Search for Heteropoda venatoria)

"While frequently very large ..., and quite a fearsome sight, they are harmless to humans. They do bite if provoked, but the victim will suffer only minor swelling and localised pain and will recover in a day or so."
source (http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/H/Hu/Huntsman_spider.htm)

I voted other, since I would put it outside. I wouldn't be waving my hand around near it, though. They are ground hunters with good eyesight. The best plan is to open the window and shoo him out.

This one I would treat with respect
http://www.wcsscience.com/biggest/image2.JPG

This (http://www.gophergas.com/funstuff/camelspider.htm) is a sweet picture.

BadBoyBenny
04-27-2005, 08:43 AM
The answer is clearly A, B and C

jesusarenque
04-27-2005, 09:03 AM
I move out. I am not even kidding.

beerbandit
04-27-2005, 09:04 AM
i think first id have to change my pants and then id try to kill it

that is definetly scary --- i live in mich and have never seen anything close to this

cheers

beerbandit
04-27-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think i'm just gonna leave it there, iv'e seen several in this house before and they seem to just stick to the ceilings and walls and not move around much.

[/ QUOTE ]

until you go to sleep

beerbandit
04-27-2005, 09:09 AM
you dont think that the spider changed positions or the curtain rod moved

Matty
04-27-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

until you go to sleep

[/ QUOTE ]Doesn't the average person swallow like 10 spiders a year while sleeping?

Brainwalter
04-27-2005, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

until you go to sleep

[/ QUOTE ]Doesn't the average person swallow like 10 spiders a year while sleeping?

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, nice job, I love to [censored] with these people who are terrified of spiders.

MarkL444
04-27-2005, 09:33 AM
please tell me that thing is dead right now. PLEASE!

ethan
04-27-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a picture I took, just wanted opinions on how you handle the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I find the guy who's house it is and burn it for him. Better safe than sorry.

2planka
04-27-2005, 10:00 AM
I agree that it looks like a female huntsman. For comparison, here's an image of a big shiela from australia. Pleasant dreams!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/wormtowne/huntsman.jpg

Source: www.spiderzrule.com (http://www.spiderzrule.com)

M2d
04-27-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think first id have to change my pants and then id try to kill it

[/ QUOTE ]

don't you mean change your skirt?

HesseJam
I open the window and "shush" the spider out. I (sort of) did that with a much bigger and fatter one in Costa Rica. My roomie, a true aracnophobic, spotted Mr. Spider when we came home late at night and immediately froze on his bed with his eyes wide open, looking at the spider and neither straying nor lidclosing for even a split-second. He demanded me to kill it. So, I pulled off my shoe and whammed it against the wall. One big spider - one big blow. Swung and a miss! Probably from my side too much beer and/or fear. Mr. (or Mrs.) Spider then very calmly left the room through the window. I slept well that night. My roomie didn't.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we changed the hotel the very next morning. Good bye forest, hello downtown!

M2d
s/he's going into a mason jar to answer the question "how many daddy long legs...?"

ibankonu
04-27-2005, 10:31 AM
This thing has the back of a shovel written all over it. Of course, that is after I scream like a little girl for about an hour.

"spaceman"Bryce
04-27-2005, 10:31 AM
why do i forget to pick up food I paid for at mcdonalds but not [censored] like this [censored] topic?
Oh by the way i would run out of the house.i'm not sure thats smart but it feels safer.

PoBoy321
04-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Holy [censored]. I go to the nearest gun store and blow that motherfucker back to hell, where it came from.

J.DP
04-27-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy shit.

Look at the recluse bite photos on that site.

Terrifying.

MarkL444
04-27-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy shit.

Terrifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...how bout i dont?

jackdaniels
04-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Clearly moving is the right response to this situation. I also like the "burn down the house" replies.

beerbandit
04-27-2005, 10:56 AM
if i was wearing a skirt it would just fall on the floor

dabluebery
04-27-2005, 11:05 AM
I was on a trip in between 11th and 12th grade where a bunch of science geeks went down to Panama and studied rainforests and stuff.

We were staying in the San Blas Islands, in the Caribbean just off Panama with an Indigenous Indian tribe, the Kuna Indians. We had these hotel rooms with sand floors and diary locks on the doors.

Anyway, we just finished dinner when we hear a Ned Flanders scream from one of the rooms. We all run towards the noise, and this guy comes out of his room screaming that there's a spider. (This guy went on to West Point, he was no wimp)

We all take a look inside, and on the bamboo wall was a spider as big as in this picture. It had a gecko in its mouth. Everyone is flipping out because we don't know what to do, and someone runs to get our (guide / scientist) so we can make a decision. We don't want to kill it if it's engangered, or whatever.

So this guide comes in, who has lived down there for 20 years and has had snake bites and stuff, and she lets out a Ned Flanders scream, too. She goes "Holy SH%T!!!! Kill it!!!!!"

I reach down and grab a swimming flipper and smash the spider into the wall. It was awesome.

Rob

IndieMatty
04-27-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never typed the acronym for laugh out loud before.

I just laughed out loud.

orange
04-27-2005, 11:39 AM
I would attempt to capture it in a box. Then throw a scorpion in there and watch them fight.

Tron
04-27-2005, 11:46 AM
Two words: Shop Vac

Pinga
04-27-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would attempt to capture it in a box. Then throw a scorpion in there and watch them fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

The link (http://www.gophergas.com/funstuff/camelspider.htm) I posted has a video of a camel spider vs. scorpion.

JeffO
04-27-2005, 11:54 AM
I think I just buy a new house.

jackdaniels
04-27-2005, 11:57 AM
cool video. and I was gonna take odds on who would win that bout /images/graemlins/frown.gif

04-27-2005, 02:47 PM
[censored] the wall. I am using my shotgun. You can`t get me to get anywhere near that thing..

YourFoxyGrandma
04-27-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
holy [censored] [censored]!

[/ QUOTE ]

Edge34
04-27-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] the wall. I am using my shotgun. You can`t get me to get anywhere near that thing..

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was just thinking...holy [censored] [censored]...

Not much scares me. Spiders scare the [censored] out of me. This one is the baddest spider I've ever seen, live or in pictures. I thought the ones at my buddy's cabin (large wood spiders or some [censored] like that) were big. Jesus Christ...

tech
04-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Shrug. I average killing a snake a month at my house (1 cottonmouth, 2 rattlers, and 3 non-poisonous in the last six months). I'd rather face this spider than one of those anyday.

shant
04-27-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm still laughing at this.

bholdr
04-27-2005, 03:02 PM
somebody mentioned the shop vac already, but i'll expand:

to get rit of spiders and other big hairy bugs, simply slip pantyhose over the end of a long shop vac tube, turn it on, and grab the fukker- he'll be hopelessly stuck to the vac, and you may put him outside, kill him, get a fishtank and do some deathmatches, whatever....

i'd like to see this guy vs a mouse. if he kills the mouse, a rat. should be good.

BTW, my first thought was "huck a basketball at him" but that would probably leave a mess.

also, in hawaii as a kid, i saw a 3 inch long beatle. i stomped it as hard as i could (i was 13 or something) and it didn't even faze it. it was like stepping on a rock. so i went and got a 3 wood. that did it.

Sponger15SB
04-27-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think a shotgun could kill that?

As soon as you pull the trigger the spider jumps and is stuck to your face.

I dynamite the house, then I pour a 100 gallons of lighter fluid on the ashes and light that on fire.

fnord_too
04-27-2005, 03:05 PM
If my wife saw it I would probably kill it, otherwise I probably relocate it outside (assuming it is not my pet. The only spiders that big I have ever seen were pets.)

Edge34
04-27-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd like to see this guy vs a mouse. if he kills the mouse, a rat. should be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will lay 4-to-1 on the spider right now. He'd probably use a mouse for a [censored] appetizer.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, my first thought was "huck a basketball at him" but that would probably leave a mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. Plus, I want a guaranteed kill with the first shot. I don't want to miss and just scare him - this fucker is going down hard.

[ QUOTE ]
also, in hawaii as a kid, i saw a 3 inch long beatle. i stomped it as hard as i could (i was 13 or something) and it didn't even faze it. it was like stepping on a rock. so i went and got a 3 wood. that did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one bad ASS beetle. If a simple stomp doesn't kill it, I'm just not gonna [censored] with it. I'm glad you got the job done though. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jackdaniels
04-27-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will lay 4-to-1 on the spider right now. He'd probably use a mouse for a [censored] appetizer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would take that bet.

"Small rodents may attempt to prey on spiders and occasionally succeed, but the spider has a trick. When first disturbed by a potential predator, the spider retreats and spins out a single strand that contains a number of large globules of very sticky silk. The spider holds this strand stretched between its hind legs and, when disturbed again,wraps it around the offending object. If the object is a mouse's nose, the mouse will inevitably stop to groom the sticky stuff off its face, giving the spider time to escape."

Clearly, the mouse would win this bout.

vulturesrow
04-27-2005, 03:17 PM
One time in high school, I woke up in the middle of the night and felt this tickling sensation on my shoulder. I thought it was the edge of my sheet so I kept brushing at it but it didnt go away. I turned on my bedside lamp and on my shoulder was a cockroach roughly the size of the beetle from your story. I screamed like a girl and damn near levitated off my bed as I started slapping hysterically at my shoulder. Thats the one thing Ihate about FLorida, the fuc<font color="black">king</font> bugs

diddle
04-27-2005, 03:40 PM
shoot it

Shajen
04-27-2005, 03:48 PM
I'd feed it to my pets:

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/culture/archives/spider65.jpg

chaas4747
04-27-2005, 03:50 PM
I saw a picture of these things a while back, are the poisonous? What do they eat in the desert?

jackdaniels
04-27-2005, 03:51 PM
American GI's apparently.

Shajen
04-27-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw a picture of these things a while back, are the poisonous? What do they eat in the desert?

[/ QUOTE ]

Camel spiders (so named because, like camels, they can be found in sandy desert regions) grow to be moderately large (about a 5" leg span).

They can move very quickly in comparison to other arthropods a top speed of maybe 10 MPH; and they capture prey without the use of either venom or anesthetic.

Camel spiders rely on speed, stealth, and the (non-venomous) bite of powerful jaws to feed on small prey such as other arthropods (e.g., scorpions, crickets, pillbugs), lizards, and possibly mice or birds. They use only three pairs of legs in running; the frontmost pair (called pedipalpa) is held aloft and used in a similar manner to the antennae of insects.

Camel spiders shun the sun and generally hide during the day, coming out at night to do their hunting.

Class dismissed /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rotating Rabbit
04-27-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy shit.

Terrifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg....!!!!

http://www.spiderzrule.com/reclusebitethumb.htm

...thats the worst one I reckon, bones exposed and all...!

Morgan O'Mally
04-27-2005, 04:00 PM
My boy's wicked smart.

Lawrence Ng
04-27-2005, 04:03 PM
You gotta net it.

Lawrence

pokerjo22
04-27-2005, 04:07 PM
http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/brownrecluse.asp

jackdaniels
04-27-2005, 04:13 PM