PDA

View Full Version : loose-passive table

04-27-2005, 04:57 AM
I am playing 50c/1$ and 1$/2$ on PacificPoker and most players there are very loose (like 70-80% Floprate) and defend their blinds even more.
It s very rare that I can steal the blinds with an open-raise, most players also coldcall a lot with marginal hands from non-blind positions. I dont get reraised pretty often because the opponents are pretty passive.
Most advice I read for shorthanded-play is about how to defend against very aggressive players but how do I get the most out of loose-passive players?
Bluffing seems much more inefficient as most of the time there are 3-4 players seeing the flop. (On a 5-player-table I would almost never be the first one in from the button)
What cards should I raise when I dont get heads-up anyways? Just generally raise anything I would play to punish them for limping in with such trash or should I often limp in myself so I can make them fold easier on the flop?

I guess there must be an easy way to exploit their play-style as it seems to be against all rules for shorthanded-play.

Fiddler
04-27-2005, 06:52 AM
Against loose blinds don't steal raise with rags but raise your better hands for value.

If the table is very loose and passive limp in even UTG with hands that stand up well or can flop a big hand against a large field like suited connectors, suited aces and small pairs... hands like that. Still raise your premium hands of course. And don't bluff calling stations since they... well call a lot obviously. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Value-bet when you have a hand instead.