PDA

View Full Version : AA UTG Semi-Deep Game

onehandfold
04-27-2005, 03:36 AM
Please dont reply with "raise more preflop".

.25/.50 NL
Hero: 85
Villain: ~200, super aggressive, since has many chips, will play almost any raised pot to bust a stack
SB: 180
BB: 250

4 handed.
Hero gets AhAs
Hero bets 1.50, Villain calls 1.50, SB calls 1.50, BB calls 1.50

Flop: 6 7 7, two diamonds
Checked to hero, Hero bets 6, Villain calls 6, SB and BB fold

Turn: 4
Hero bets 15, Villain calls 15

River: 8
Hero??????

Lets say:
Hero checks the river. Villain bets 30.

Other possible outcome:
Hero bets 20. Villain raises to 40. Villain raises to 50? Villain raises to 60?

Please dont reply with "raise more preflop".

fuzzbox
04-27-2005, 04:55 AM
If you bet the flop, then check the turn to try to keep the pot small (you can check-call here).
If you bet the turn, then check and maybe call the river. He might bet with a busted flush draw.

Is villain any good ? Does he have an overpair himself here ?
Does any diamond fall on turn/river ? Do you have the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ?
Since you describe Villain as super-aggro, yet he shows no sign of aggressiveness here, what would you conclude?

I think you need to check somewhere to try to keep the pot smaller.

vanHelsing
04-27-2005, 05:19 AM
As fuzzbox advised, Check the turn - control the pot size.

As the turn played out, I guess checking the river is best. Giving his aggressiveness, you might likely induce a bluff or a value bet with a weaker hand. But once checked, I'd definetily be prepared to call a bet up to potsize. Checking and folding to a 30$ bet I'd consider as terrible river play. A blocking bet might also be reasonable, but I prefer check/calling against a LAG.

onehandfold
04-27-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you bet the turn, then check and maybe call the river. He might bet with a busted flush draw.

Is villain any good ? Does he have an overpair himself here ?
Does any diamond fall on turn/river ? Do you have the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ?
Since you describe Villain as super-aggro, yet he shows no sign of aggressiveness here, what would you conclude?

I think you need to check somewhere to try to keep the pot smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is good, loves shorthanded play. He probably does not commit as many chips to the pot with one pair as I did in this case. Since hero's image is a tightwad, it was assumed that he knew exactly what I had.

The_Bends
04-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Being as I would play exactly as you described the villian playing I'll give you my perspective. Bascially calling with connected cards, Axs Kxs and any PP. He won't have AA-JJ because he would reraise PF to exploit his LAGgy image and get a worse hand to come along thinking he had nothing.

On the flop I can only see a draw. LAGgy players don't check call with a good hand otherwise whats the point in playing fast with marginal hands? So we have either 89 or Ax/Kx diamonds.

Bearing that in mind he's been caling down looking to bust you if he connects, there is no point betting the river. A draw will fold, lots of crap hands will flod and a 7 or a straight will raise you an amount you almost certianly have to call. I'd check/call here every time, an agressive player may well bluff on the end hoping you had AK/Q/Js or even a frightened overpair.

Betting doesn't get any more money from a worse hand, checkign might.