PDA

View Full Version : TT hand

NLSoldier
04-27-2005, 12:24 AM
This hand is from a week or two ago, my friend and I were just discussing it and couldn't decide on a line we like.

3 bettor is pretty TAG.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
UTG calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, 2 folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) K, 5, 6 (3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 8 (3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG calls, Hero folds.

I think theres got to be a better line.

imported_CaseClosed326
04-27-2005, 12:29 AM
Maybe you could cap pre-flop then bet into him on the flop and fold to a raise. That is what I would do.

The way you played it I would fold on the flop. Why call the flop? What card looks good to you on the turn? I don't think you are getting the right odds to draw to your set, so the way you played it it's a fold on the flop IMO.

Trix
04-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Bet the flop and give up on turn if button calls or raise.
You canīt check-fold as he may have AQ or 99.

You dont want to give AQ a chance to hit on the turn or river if you let it check behind.

PokerDonkey
04-27-2005, 12:48 AM
I would have to agree that betting into the single overcard is the only way to avoid the C/C situation. The hands that he would raise would be AK, QKs, KK, AA. My thought is that there are these four hands that he would raise the flop with. Possibly flat calling with QQ,JJ. Against these six hands you have many other hands that you would beat against an aggressive player in position. Just not enough texture in the flop (rip off phrase) to not show aggressiveness on the flop. my two very small cents.

Danenania
04-27-2005, 01:22 AM
My line is to check/call the flop like you did then bet the turn, folding if raised.