PDA

View Full Version : Blind steal from the SB. Taken too far?

KaiShin
04-26-2005, 11:27 PM
So I've just recently delved into the world of 1/2 6-max. After consistently winning at .5/1 and 1/2 I've decided its time to learn 6M while my bankroll can absorb any growing pains.

This is a blind steal attempt, my first at this table. BB is pretty tight, under 30% VPIP.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ???

mperich
04-26-2005, 11:36 PM
You can probably fold here, looks like a jack to me, especially after the flop check.

-Mike

Michael Davis
04-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Only steal with this hand if your opponent is a pussycat. As it is, you should fold the turn. The particular sequence where your opponent threebets preflop, checks the flop, and raises a turn bet usually indicates a monster. Of course it could also be a free showdown effort, but it's unlikely he checks the flop.

-Michael