PDA

View Full Version : We should be told...

golFUR
04-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Anyone can create an account, anyone can post anywhere within this site. What we aren't told up front is that we might be censored or have our post deleted because it is critical of the site itself.

Pure flame? That is understandable, the internet has been around long enough for experienced users to understand the deletrious effects of flame, of rampant unnecessary cursing, of pure hate-speech...

When I post something about people having different opinions from the majority in the poker theory forum though, and finding other places to express their opinions... I didn't even say where, I didn't advertise for some other site. I just said that some people were tiring of the endless numbers chatter... *squashed* *deleted*

Censorship.

I'd have liked to have known that was a probability up front.

Dynasty
04-26-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Censorship.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't understand the meaning of this word.

golFUR
04-26-2005, 10:56 PM
That's all you've got? Apparently you don't either.

Let me expand a bit, for clarity.

I value reads more than pure math. If I know I can push the guy off his hand, I'll push him off. It doesn't matter if he has me beat.

I'm in the minority of people willing to push that opinion. In a post on this topic I said something along the lines of "This is why so many of us aren't posting here anymore."

The entire post was deleted, the thread was allowed to die. Why?

Dynasty
04-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Your story just isn't believable.

Without providing all the specifics of your situation, very few people are going to believe you had posts deleted just because you disagree with those who run the site.

I've had many disagreements about strategy with Mason and David. I've never had a post deleted. Many more can same the same thing.

You aren't credible.

KingCon
04-26-2005, 11:18 PM
If you dont like it, why are you still posting here? Are you trying to pull a Jerry Mcguire and get some people to leave with you?

golFUR
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM
No.

Check the dates. I post infrequently. It is not an 'all or nothing' decision. It is more about that particular section of the forums being too narrow, or useless.

I still check in from time to time...

Truth is, or summary is, I rely on my reads, I make money with my reads, there isn't much else to be learned. I check in from time to time, in spare moments, to see if there is anything I can offer. I enjoy the psychology thread a lot.

I posted this because I was curious as to whether or not it would be deleted as well. Now that there are so many responses, I doubt it. Mission accomplished.

Seahorse
04-26-2005, 11:31 PM
That's just note D&M's style.

Flames? Yes. Hate screeds? Yes. Disagreements? No.

And regarding censorship -- it's their site they can do whatever they want. Censorship is when it's imposed by the government. Even if what you say is true so what? Got a problem with that? Pony up the bucks and open your own site.

jakethebake
04-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Are you retarted?

golFUR
04-27-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you retarted?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, it is retarded.

To start simply, no, I am not retarded.

To expand, what is the point of your post? Do you honestly believe that people with debilitating IQs are capable of creating a post similar to mine? Was yours a genuine question about my capability? I'm guessing no. I'm guessing that you saw an easy response and posted it. Why not, and this is just a suggestion mind you, why not post a thoughtful critique of my post? Why not tell me exactly where you believe I went wrong?

Maybe you are barely bright enough to mispell the most common insult in these forums... maybe you are a step above "retarted".

Begin edit -

Or wait, was I supposed to be impressed by your high post count? I understand that many people rest on their ability to burn hour after hour here. I'm sorry if I'm challenging your 'authority' in some way...

chesspain
04-27-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly believe that people with debilitating IQs are capable of creating a post similar to mine?

[/ QUOTE ]

What are debilitating IQs?

Dave Mac
04-27-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Truth is, or summary is, I rely on my reads, I make money with my reads, there isn't much else to be learned.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol wow, that is all.

maxpowers21
04-27-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Truth is, or summary is, I rely on my reads, I make money with my reads, there isn't much else to be learned.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol wow, that is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. A very ignorant poker statement indeed.

Jazza
04-27-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you retarted?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, it is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong my friend, it is indeed retarted

James Boston
04-27-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Truth is, or summary is, I rely on my reads, I make money with my reads, there isn't much else to be learned. I check in from time to time, in spare moments, to see if there is anything I can offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should write a book.

jakethebake
04-27-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I value reads more than pure math. If I know I can push the guy off his hand, I'll push him off. It doesn't matter if he has me beat.

I'm in the minority of people willing to push that opinion. In a post on this topic I said something along the lines of "This is why so many of us aren't posting here anymore."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure they're saving a place for you HERE. (http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=1 00015246&Mytoken=20050427072600)

jakethebake
04-27-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you retarted?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, it is retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong my friend, it is indeed retarted

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly this is correct.

KingCon
04-27-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly believe that people with debilitating IQs are capable of creating a post similar to mine?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if they have really been drinking heavily

jakethebake
04-27-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a trick question? You made the post so yes.

whiskeytown
04-27-2005, 04:34 PM
see up there at the top - this line?

Before using this Forum, please refer to the terms and conditions (http://www.twoplustwo.com/terms.html) (Last modified: 2/10/2004)

ok, now read down to this part in the link - under operating policies -

2+2 and ConJelCo reserve the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of this Agreement. Continued abuse will result in your being banned from posting on the 2+2 website.

you have a problem with directions? -

and FYI, as I'm sure it's been pointed out several times, moderation of a private forum isnt censorship - there are other outlets to spill drivel on -

RB