PDA

View Full Version : The New Bruce Springsteen Album

whiskeytown
04-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I gotta admit, I love the songwriting, hate the E Street Band/arrangements - to me Born to Run never sounded as good as it did when he did it live and acoustic back in '87 -

so my two fav. albums were Nebraska and Ghost of Tom Joad, and it's my understanding that this new album was mostly written after GOTJ and carries on some of that vibe.

No clips posted on Amazon.com yet - (assholes) - anyone heard it?

RB

Asufiji2004
04-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Springsteen sux

istewart
04-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Haven't heard it, I gotta say Darkness on the Edge of Town is probably my favorite though, besides BTR.

Blarg
04-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Springsteen's great. I look forward to hearing the new stuff. I like the E-street band, though.

slickpoppa
04-26-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Springsteen sux

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Bruce Springsteen, and those who have never been to a Bruce Springsteen concert.

ucfryan
04-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Wow.

theredwave
04-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Springsteen is the man, don't be jeolous.

Asufiji2004
04-27-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Springsteen sux

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Bruce Springsteen, and those who have never been to a Bruce Springsteen concert.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in Socal, he is doing 1 shown here pretty soon. A guy my mom works with tried to get tix, they were sold out and being scalped for $1900!! $1900 so for three hours you can listen to a guy mumble words and clear his throat. Yeah I'm a sucker for never going to one.

Chairman Wood
04-27-2005, 12:56 AM
blasphemy

BruinEric
04-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Whoa! I found someone I agree with! I love the acoustic tunes and arrangements for minimal band most of all. I saw a small show on the GOTJ tour and really enjoyed it.

I best like the acoustic performances of some of his non-GOTJ/Nebraska tunes (ie more cheerful stuff), which often contain unpleasant lyrical content.

SoftcoreRevolt
04-27-2005, 02:20 AM
I'm even more excited for the two tours. First just Bruce and a few E Streeters, then a full on Bruce/E Street World tour to follow.

I haven't heard the new stuff yet, but if it is indeed in the Nebraska/GOTJ vein then it will be amazing to hear the E Street arrangements for these songs live. Atlantic City/Youngstown on the 99 tour were the most rocking thing ever made. So people like you who don't like E Street get their thing with the first tour, people who do get theirs.. and I get two tours I want to see.

Now if he'd just break out Blinded By the Light live again.. I really want to hear them do it in person. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dominic
04-27-2005, 03:20 AM
haven't heard it yet...my favorite Springsteen albums remain Darkness, Nebraska and Tunnel of Love...looking forward to hearing the new one.

MasterShakes
04-27-2005, 03:31 AM
This album is an A+. There isn't a song I don't like on it. This is coming from a huge fan who has loved nearly every one of his albums as a whole (though not nearly every one of his individual songs).

I got it for $12 after tax at best buy. It is a dual-disc format, which means that one side is CD and the other side is DVD. The CD side is just the album. The DVD side is some video of five of the songs, and the full album in Dolby Digital Surround. It's easily worth a buy with all of the lyrics in the liner.

I have a pair of tickets for the Cleveland show which I got through a broker for $100 for the pair ($150 face + service charges). I hadn't heard about a full E Street tour to follow this acoustic tour.

Seen him three times now, one time standing just three deep from the stage on the Rising tour, and every one of those shows makes my live concert top ten list (and I've seen a crapload of live shows).

gamblore99
04-27-2005, 04:05 AM
I downloaded a bunch of his from my friends computer onto my Mp3 player. He sucks balls.

bort411
04-27-2005, 04:52 AM
Just listened to it earlier tonight for the first time. I thought it was good, but it seemed a bit to me like the Boss is trying to be Bob Dylan again, and it's just not happening. He's just not that strong of a lyricist in my opinion, and his Nebraska/Tom Joad/current phases just don't do it for me as much.

MasterShakes
04-27-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just listened to it earlier tonight for the first time. I thought it was good, but it seemed a bit to me like the Boss is trying to be Bob Dylan again, and it's just not happening. He's just not that strong of a lyricist in my opinion, and his Nebraska/Tom Joad/current phases just don't do it for me as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again?

ucfryan
04-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Bought it earlier today, listened to about the first 5 tracks on the way to/from work, I really like it so far. Definately worth picking up for $11 @ bestbuy.

whiskeytown
04-28-2005, 02:05 AM
surprised it ain't getting more press and attention from 2+2ers for track 3 - going to visit a prostitute -

'"Two hundred dollars straight in,
Two-fifty up the ass," she smiled and said"

that alone should prompt a thread with about 100 comments about various bits of crap/nonsense -

RB

ucfryan
04-28-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She bought me another whisky
Said "here's to the best you ever had"
We laughed and made a toast
It wasn't the best I ever had
Not even close

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it.