PDA

View Full Version : Great or awful? (there is no middle ground)

Pil Sung Do
04-26-2005, 09:45 PM
Do you make this fold? or push all in?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t655)
Hero (t785)
UTG (t900)
UTG+1 (t1210)
MP1 (t600)
MP2 (t1040)
CO (t760)
Button (t2050)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t15, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t75) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t75</font>, MP2 calls t75, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls t75.

Turn: (t300) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t85</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t300</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls t215.

River: (t900) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t650 (All-In)</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: t1550

Phil Van Sexton
04-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Awful.

You have to either bet the flop, or checkraise allin. Your flush is very vulnerable. Slowplaying then folding when a diamond falls is awful.

If someone has a bigger flush already, I'm going to lose all my chips here. I don't see any other way to play it.

Voltron87
04-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Bad. You either play your flush or you don't, just calling a flop is terrible since your hand is vulnerable to another heart. You can make an argument for folding here, against 2 players, but if your going to fold later fold on the flop, don't call the 75. If you're going to play your flush raise/bet the flop. I probably act like my flush is good and look to checkraise.

willperkins
04-26-2005, 10:00 PM
I do not claim to be an expert, but I would not have check/called this hand on the flop. I would have bet out to see where I was at in the hand.

I would have bet about t50. If I get raised and a cold call, then I would have to seriously consider folding since it is very early in the tourney and I still have lots of chips in comparison to the blinds.

I am not so much worried about UTG as I would put him on something like KQ (maybe one is a /images/graemlins/heart.gif) , however, MP could very well have two hearts already and I do not want to go to war with 54s this early in a tourney.

Bigwig
04-26-2005, 10:04 PM
Awful.

BET THE FLOP.

I don't know how many times we see misplayed hands from the blinds because players check. You're not only making the hand easier to play by taking the lead, but you're likely to win MORE chips by betting, than check raising, or foolishly trapping with such a vulnerable hand.

Nottom
04-26-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad. You either play your flush or you don't, just calling a flop is terrible since your hand is vulnerable to another heart. You can make an argument for folding here, against 2 players, but if your going to fold later fold on the flop, don't call the 75. If you're going to play your flush raise/bet the flop. I probably act like my flush is good and look to checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the fold, but I don't like this argument either. He gains new information on the turn when MP raises. To blindly keep playing the hand as if that didn't happen can be a mistake.

Hero could have checkcalled the flop with the intention of pushing a safe turn or folding to a 4th Heart. This is a reasonable line. Maybe the raiser is a very weak player and would never raise without the flush here. We don't know, but like I said before, we know more now than we did on the flop and this should affect our decision process.

Jacob_Gilliam
04-26-2005, 10:58 PM
Bad Hero, Bad!!!