PDA

View Full Version : QJo- Check the turn with more outs?

tizim
04-26-2005, 09:43 PM
At the time, I thought I was a genius for checking the turn. Looking back, I don't think it was correct, and most of the hand looks suspect.

Assume Villain is an unknown.

Preflop:I have Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the button and open-raise. The BB calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB bets, I raise, BB calls.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
BB checks, I check.

River: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB bets, I raise...

Comments on the flop, turn, and river are all appreciated.

wrto4556
04-26-2005, 09:44 PM
bet the turn. You most likely have the best hand + outs.

pfkaok
04-26-2005, 09:59 PM
bet turn. IN a blind steal spot like this it gives your hand even more relative strength, and if he's aggressive at all expect to get semibluff raised here pretty often. he might also just CR you as a pure bluff here with this scarry board. basically your hand is very strong here, and by betting this turn you're going to get a lot more $$ in the pot by showdown than you will by checking and trying to induce a river bluff.