PDA

View Full Version : What is a good standard for PT aggression stats?

jokerthief
04-26-2005, 09:04 PM
I've been going over my PT stats and all of them are somewhat intuitive except the aggression factor. I just don't know how to judge it. So, what is a good standard? My stats 5.04, 5.54, 3.86 for flop, turn, and river respectivly. I welcome any criticisms.

Pokey
04-26-2005, 09:35 PM
OK, let me start with this: Ish's Stat Post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=smallholdem&Number=2210277 ) .

This post gives you a reference where you can check your stats against those of other winning 2/4 and 3/6 players.

CallMeIshmael himself makes a powerful caveat to these numbers: this is not a "how to" guide for perfect play. Aggression factor is indicative of your personal playing style. Some folks play wicked aggressive (like you) and do very well with it. Others play a bit less aggressively (like me) and it works for them. Still others fight very hard and lose BADLY, and some play a meek game and bleed money out of every orifice.

In general, aggression levels over 3 are considered "aggressive," and numbers under 2 are considered "passive." There are, of course, shades of grey in all of this: that's why the numbers aren't binary. You fall very far on the aggressive side of the scale, and I worry that you might be costing yourself money in the long run.

How much data did you use to compile these figures? We normally don't see anything approaching stability for several thousand hands. Also, how have you been running on the tables? If you had a really hot streak of cards, your aggression numbers should rise significantly to reflect that. Finally, what's your VPIP statistic? With an abnormally small VPIP (say, under 15%), your aggression statistics would be correspondingly high to reflect that WHEN you're in a hand, it's more likely to be a good one for you.

jokerthief
04-26-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much data did you use to compile these figures? We normally don't see anything approaching stability for several thousand hands. Also, how have you been running on the tables? If you had a really hot streak of cards, your aggression numbers should rise significantly to reflect that. Finally, what's your VPIP statistic? With an abnormally small VPIP (say, under 15%), your aggression statistics would be correspondingly high to reflect that WHEN you're in a hand, it's more likely to be a good one for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. 7,000 hands

2. 3.96/100--This reflects a real good run of cards, not a normal distribution. I've only had one 35bb losing streak for these hands.

3. VP$IP=18.76, 3500 of those hands are shorthanded.

I'm just getting into using PT (I've really slacked way too long on this). FWIW, I only track my play at Party because of the HH's being stored on the hard drive. I play quite a bit at Stars, Paradise, Pokerroom, Absolute, and UB where I don't keep track of my stats (yet). I realize this is a very bad habit. I'm concerned that I'm too aggressive and throwing money at bad flops. You seem to have the same sentiments.

PokerBob
04-26-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2. 3.96/100--This reflects a real good run of cards, not a normal distribution. I've only had one 35bb losing streak for these hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be afraid.

jokerthief
04-26-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Expand?