PDA

View Full Version : bubble conundrum

johnnybeef
04-26-2005, 08:34 PM
do i push any two here, or do i wait for the next hand in which i have a very high probability of having a better hand (and oh by the way the blinds will be higher) but at the same time have one more opponenet to overcome...for what its worth i folded and pushed 92o the next one

200/400 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 11660557) - Tue Apr 26 17:30:19 EDT 2005
Table Table 13974 (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: CmftrblyNumb (3735)
Seat 2: fiestacat (1325)
Seat 5: IPwn3dU (1330)
Seat 9: AcDUcie (1610)
AcDUcie posts small blind (100)
CmftrblyNumb posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to IPwn3dU [ 7d, 3c ]

Nottom
04-26-2005, 08:43 PM
This is a pretty easy fold to me. I'd rather take my chances in the BB than push with this trash, esp with the big stack sitting in the blind.

Even after they go up you will have 900 chips if you fold both blinds, so you still have some fold equity against the other shortstacks. You have time to wait for something better than total crap, and maybe one of the other stacks will jump first.

The Yugoslavian
04-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Fold this....

You need to feel comfortable playing the blinds when they're high...*you* are the one with an overlay on the next hand, not your opponents.

Yugoslav

johnnybeef
04-27-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold this....

You need to feel comfortable playing the blinds when they're high...*you* are the one with an overlay on the next hand, not your opponents.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

i do feel comfortable, just everynow and then i get anxious with a short stack (especially when i am busted out of 2 tables and really low at another). on a seperate note, my overlay is not as big as it should be with all of the garbage i have seen people calling with as of late.

Pepsquad
04-27-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold this....

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

"on a seperate note, my overlay is not as big as it should be with all of the garbage i have seen people calling with as of late."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty telling statement. Given this information, what on earth would make you think of pushing 73o?

johnnybeef
04-27-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold this....

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

"on a seperate note, my overlay is not as big as it should be with all of the garbage i have seen people calling with as of late."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty telling statement. Given this information, what on earth would make you think of pushing 73o?

[/ QUOTE ]

because it is more +ev than calling or folding...what is the worst hand you push in this situation??? also, is the next hand a push any two?

Nottom
04-27-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
because it is more +ev than calling or folding...

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

[ QUOTE ]
what is the worst hand you push in this situation???

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe something like 65s

[ QUOTE ]
also, is the next hand a push any two?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it be about the same as here if not tighter.