PDA

View Full Version : I was once a Taoist...but it meant so little.

Zeno
11-14-2002, 12:30 AM
"Fantasy Poker, a cooperative of feigned belief" - A statement in a past post in the Mid to High stakes Forum. This person doesn't post much anymore.

After some reflection, I agree. Thus, the following:

Ru Bei wanted to see Confucius. Confucius declined on the grounds of illness. As Ru Bei's messenger was leaving, the Master took up his zithern and sang loudly enough for him to hear.

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Jimbo
11-14-2002, 12:56 PM
Quoting Tommy Angelo now Zeno? There may be hope for you yet! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

HDPM
11-14-2002, 01:09 PM
The singing described in your post is not the eternal singing. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11-14-2002, 04:49 PM
Juat wanted to let you know I enjoyed your article in Conjelco's inteligent gambler this week. That was an entertaining story. I wonder why so many pool players end up playing poker?

Jimbo
11-14-2002, 05:28 PM
Thanks I am glad you enjoyed it. Most of us get too old to compete at the same level as we used to so poker is the next logical step. Many things in common between pool and poker.

Zeno
11-16-2002, 11:46 PM
Right you are HDPM, it is not the Eternal Singing. It is much more pleasent than that(at least to the singer /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif ).

-Zeno

Zeno
11-17-2002, 12:02 AM
Hope for me yet, ah. Well thanks, but remember what old Ben Franklin said. "He that lives on Hope will die fasting". A sober saying for all poker players to ponder.

-Zeno

11-17-2002, 03:37 PM
"Isn't all this talk hubbub? Because it is hubbub, it can make what is nonexistent seem to exist."
Yang Hsuing, Taoist Confucianist.

Zeno
11-19-2002, 12:55 AM
Yang Hsuing? Does this person have a webpage? Or perhaps a franchise of soybean milk stands in Hong Kong? Did Yang cavort with the likes of Mencius or Chuang Tzu or Lao Tzu or maybe even Pontius Pilate? Just what is all the hub - bub.

"Existence is a negative.' - Yao Ming, Zen Buddhist.