Popinjay
04-26-2005, 08:09 PM
http://home.cogeco.ca/~crazyupload/04.jpg
http://home.cogeco.ca/~crazyupload/01.jpg
http://home.cogeco.ca/~crazyupload/02.jpg

another funny bush thing:
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE APRIL 26, 2005 14:20:17 ET XXXXX

BUSH ASKS ABOUT 'SPLASH DAY'

President Bush raised eyebrows on Tuesday when he asked locals in Galveston, Texas: "Do you still have Splash Day?"

"Splash Day" is the annual "adult oriented enormous beach party" celebration on the Gulf Coast.

BUSH: Do you still have Splash Day?

(LAUGHTER)

BUSH: You have to be a baby boomer to know what I'm talking about.

(LAUGHTER)

BUSH: I'm not saying whether I came or not on Splash Day. I'm just saying, Do you have Splash Day?

(LAUGHTER)

Bush was unaware "Splash Day" is now a fully gay and lesbian event on the beaches.

Developing..

http://drudgereport.com/mattspl.htm

Dominic
04-26-2005, 08:11 PM
it's called "our President is in the employ of the Saudi's" dance.

Edge34
04-26-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called: In Saudi Arabian culture, holding someone's hand is a gesture of a high level of respect. Quote me on this one.

bholdr
04-26-2005, 08:13 PM
for those of you that don't read the news, two men holding hands and kissing cheeks is a sign of freindship in many non-homophobic parts of the world...

the flowers in the bckground do make it funny, though.

maldini
04-26-2005, 08:19 PM
i think this guy has trouble walking on his own too. health concerns i think.

amazing how bent the liberals get about these things. note to liberals: bush is not trying to screw america to line his pockets. he may or may not be screwing america but his intentions are good. much better than clintons intentions. belive it.

purnell
04-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Agreed. He's not too bright, and his legacy will not be anything like he is hoping for, but I do believe his intentions are above-board. At this point he looks like a puppet to me, a front man, if you will, for the veep, whose intentions are not so wholesome.

fluxrad
04-26-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its called: In Saudi Arabian culture, holding someone's hand is a gesture of a high level of respect. Quote me on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see here. The "most powerful man in the world" has to do the holding-hand culture thing for the prince instead of the prince having to do the non-homoerotic culture thing for him...

If it looks like a Saudi's bitch, and it walks like a Saudi's bitch...

Edge34
04-26-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see here. The "most powerful man in the world" has to do the holding-hand culture thing for the prince instead of the prince having to do the non-homoerotic culture thing for him...

If it looks like a Saudi's bitch, and it walks like a Saudi's bitch...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. There's this little thing called diplomacy, and it just looks like you're much more of a homophobe than everybody says our President is.

You should probably just stop talking about this now...

SmileyEH
04-26-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
for those of you that don't read the news, two men holding hands and kissing cheeks is a sign of freindship in many non-homophobic parts of the world...

the flowers in the bckground do make it funny, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arab countries are probably some of the most homophobic in existense.

-SmileyEH

YourFoxyGrandma
04-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Everybody's wrong. They're both clearly attracted to one another and gay.

MelchyBeau
04-26-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that Saudi Arabia was a non homophobic part of the world.

Melch

istewart
04-26-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that Saudi Arabia was a non homophobic part of the world.

Melch

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

fluxrad
04-26-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. There's this little thing called diplomacy, and it just looks like you're much more of a homophobe than everybody says our President is.

You should probably just stop talking about this now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmm...busting out the ad hominems this early in the game are we?

You're a fool with a short temper and I don't particularly recall requesting your opinion of my intelligence.

Of course, I now eagerly await the next barb from your rapier-like wit.

scotty34
04-26-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has to be one of the dumbest "make me look smart" lines I've ever seen.

Edge34
04-26-2005, 09:19 PM
You posted a really stupid argument about "the most powerful man in the world is using THEIR cultural sign of respect, instead of that guy using our non-homoerotic signs of respect."

I pointed out how stupid it was, and instead of arguing that point, which you were clearly wrong about, you focus on three words I posted - "you're an idiot".

I'm guessing you know who wrong you are, and anything else I have to say to you would be a waste of time. You don't understand diplomacy or politics well enough to attempt intelligent discussion with.

Your crap, however, fits in perfectly with about 75% of the other fools in the Politics forum.

i wanna be me
04-26-2005, 09:26 PM
men holding hands is a sign of comraderie in many countries (not necessarily homophobic or not) - korea and other south-east asian countries do it, and they don't even believe homosexuality exists in their country.

being diplomatic is essential for a "world" leader like GWB - it doesn't mean he's pussy whipped by the Arabs. If GWB just frowned upon every other culture in the world, chances are he wouldn't have many allies.

fluxrad
04-26-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're that guy. You're the kid what was too stupid to know what all those "big words" meant in the sixth grade. It made you angry didn't it, little Timmy? It made you sooooo mad the other kids knew what words like "cognition" and "aphasia" meant. You just got so red-faced and frustrated you had to do something about it. So you hit them! that's it. Hit them Timmy! Hit them with all your might!

I'm sorry little Timmy. Some of us use "big words" in real life because we don't necessarily assume we're talking to ADD children like you with a 50-word vocabulary. We don't think it serves to make us look smart. But we do think calling us out for using "make me look smart" lines just goes to show how goddamned stupid you really are.

RunDownHouse
04-26-2005, 09:32 PM
If you can't look at that series of pictures and chuckle, you need a chill pill.

purnell
04-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Dude, it can only be funny if you are a homophobe. Believe it or not, some men who don't have sex with other men are comfortable with the fact that others do, and we just think the whole subject is boring and unfunny.

scotty34
04-26-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're that guy. You're the kid what was too stupid to know what all those "big words" meant in the sixth grade. It made you angry didn't it, little Timmy? It made you sooooo mad the other kids knew what words like "cognition" and "aphasia" meant. You just got so red-faced and frustrated you had to do something about it. So you hit them! that's it. Hit them Timmy! Hit them with all your might!

I'm sorry little Timmy. Some of us use "big words" in real life because we don't necessarily assume we're talking to ADD children like you with a 50-word vocabulary. We don't think it serves to make us look smart. But we do think calling us out for using "make me look smart" lines just goes to show how goddamned stupid you really are.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I really doubt you just throw in Latin terms during your everyday conversations because you have a superior vocabulary.
Secondly, why would you italicize it if you weren't trying to make yourself look smart? This was obviously to draw attention to the fact that you know a big word.

The reason I called attention to it was because it was dumb and awkward sounding. I don't doubt you have knowledge of its meaning. You probably just learned the definition and were all excited to use it in a sentence. Though it is technically a correct usage, it just sounds improper. Anyone who wasn't trying to impress other with his fancy new word would just say "busting out the insults..."

fluxrad
04-26-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, why would you italicize it if you weren't trying to make yourself look smart?

[/ QUOTE ]

Latin is supposed to be italicized when used in text :-/

scotty34
04-26-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Secondly, why would you italicize it if you weren't trying to make yourself look smart?

[/ QUOTE ]

Latin is supposed to be italicized when used in text :-/

[/ QUOTE ]

You are also supposed to use periods at the end of a sentence instead of ":-/" but that didn't seem to be a huge deal to you.