PDA

View Full Version : Watershed Musical Moment

Bill Murphy
11-14-2002, 12:07 AM
Well, music journalism[now there's an oxymoron, emphasis on the "moron", in most cases] moment. From an article at MSN/Slate, about the "next Radiohead"[like anyone cares about the FIRST Radiohead, but never mind]:

"Has the ancient and honorable history of British rock really come to this? First there were the Beatles and the Stones and then the Who, Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath, followed by the decadence of David Bowie and the pomp of Queen, which was overthrown by the Sex Pistols..."

Joker forgot Pink Floyd, but ya get the point. First time I can recall seeing Black Sabbath placed in their proper historical position by some mainstream wanker. A while back we had a thread about most influential musicians/bands. No "right" answers, of course, but Sab certainly would have to be in any fair-minded, knowledgable person's top ten.

BTW, I predict that twenty years from now, both Radiohead & Britney Spears will be in the Rolling Stone Magazine Hall Of Fame, but neither Sabbath or Kiss will be.

What'll be really funny is when Ozzy is 'inducted' as a solo artist before Sabbath is as a band. Maybe he'll ask Tony Iommi to give his induction speech! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Zeno
11-14-2002, 12:37 AM
Kinks /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

baggins
11-21-2002, 07:12 AM
i agree. sabbath rules.

however, radiohead is pretty good, too. unfortunately, for me, they got overplayed WAY too fast. its gonna be a while before i choose to listen to them again.