PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks I just flopped an underset?

nut case ace
04-26-2005, 07:56 PM
This is my first orbit at the table so I have no reads. When it gets to me the first time, I feel like i probably have the best hand. Then I get 3-bet and then think it's probably QQ-AA, maybe JJ, sometimes TT or AK. I feel like bigger pairs are more likely since he'll be out of position the rest of the way. What line do you take on this flop?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero...

Entity
04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
I would probably raise the flop but I'll be honest: I'm prepared to shut down relatively quickly on this board.

Calling the flop and turn and raising the river (calling a 3-bet) might also be ok.

mtdoak
04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Raise and CAP the flop. I'd slow down on the turn if he keeps firing. He's more likley to have top two pair (9 ways) than he can have a set (6 ways). The problem your going to have is that if he has QQ, JJ, or even 10-10, your action is dead.

PokerSparky
04-26-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise and CAP the flop. I'd slow down on the turn if he keeps firing.

[/ QUOTE ]

private joker
04-26-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Calling the flop and turn and raising the river (calling a 3-bet) might also be ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line rules. It doesn't blow away QQ-TT, and it loses the least to AA and KK. AK will give action regardless.

wrto4556
04-26-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This line rules. It doesn't blow away QQ-TT, and it loses the least to AA and KK. AK will give action regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also don't have to worry about too many cards coming off that beat your set (4 at most?)

I like it.