PDA

View Full Version : Nobody's got nuthin'.

Pokey
04-26-2005, 07:52 PM
<font color="blue">I hate hands like this. When you bet 'em, somebody's got somethin' sneaky. When you check 'em, nobody's got nuthin'.

MP2 and SB are both fish; BB is (barely) a calling station (WSD 36%).</font>

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Pokey is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Pokey raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue">Preflop raise was too frisky, I admit. However, the hand was played with only 7, and it was a regular fish fry. It was a chance, and probably a -EV one at that, but what's done is done.</font>

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Pokey bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue">BS flop, but I have an itsy bitsy piece of it. Raise continues aggression and my hand MIGHT be good here. I'd like to win this pot sooner rather than later. The bet is no good -- everybody sticks around.</font>

Turn: (6 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Pokey checks, MP2 checks.

<font color="blue">I hate this card: another overcard to my pair and a third club to a flush I don't have. I won't feed the beast with another bet. Checked around is encouraging, though.</font>

River: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Pokey checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Pokey calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB

<font color="blue">If MP2 is ever going to bluff in his entire life, this is the perfect time to do it. Knowing this, I have to make a crying call on the off chance that he was smart enough to slap down 1 BB on a board that nobody liked. With the pot paying me 7:1 odds, no other callers, and my call closing the action, it felt like the right thing to do.</font>

shant
04-26-2005, 07:56 PM
Well, since you seem to already know the PFR was bad, I won't say anymore on that.

If I didn't bet the turn, I think the flop would've been the last place I put money into the pot. I think you can safely bet the turn, hope that MP2 drops so you can take a free showdown, and obviously fold to a raise.

Entity
04-26-2005, 07:56 PM
The preflop raise is really bad. I would bet the turn.

Rob

shark6
04-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Similar to what you said, when you fold this preflop, it makes the rest of the hand easier to play.

mannika
04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Other than preflop, I think it's okay. River call is a bit loose unless you have specific reads, but given that he didn't bet the turn, you could pick one off here.

Pokey
04-26-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I didn't bet the turn, I think the flop would've been the last place I put money into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was prepared to bet the turn until I saw the damned thing. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Given what it was, I was in check/fold mode.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-26-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The preflop raise is really bad. I would bet the turn.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Justin A
04-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Just to put a little perspective on the PF raise, I fold this hand from the CO, and I raise PF more than most on this board.

Pokey
04-26-2005, 09:26 PM
With my PFR% at 9.34%, I can assure you that this was not standard operating procedure for me. As I stated above: 'twasn't a good move, 'twouldn't be repeated. Move on to the post-flop, folks...nothing to see here.