PDA

View Full Version : What do i do!?!

just2ska
04-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Before you all tell me that i should have folded PF... i was on the button and the table was pretty tight... i figured if i got on the draw I could see it out for cheap... comments on all streets appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($78.15)
SB ($39.50)
BB ($52.70)
UTG ($12.40)
MP ($86.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, SB calls $1, BB folds.

Turn: ($5) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, SB calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $10.9</font>, Hero calls $7.90, SB calls $7.90.

River: ($37.70) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $27.1 (All-In)</font>, Hero ???

Final Pot: $64.80

just2ska

swolfe
04-26-2005, 07:41 PM
if you're going to play it, raise it and take initiative. you've got position, so use it.

raise the flop. again, this is a hand that you want to take initiative on.

kongo_totte
04-26-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't play 6-max, so I don't know how bad the pre-flop call is. However:
Raise the flop
Raise more on the turn
Call the river, but it's close.

beset7
04-26-2005, 07:48 PM
If you are going to splash around with k6s (which at the right table I don't have a problem with) you best raise. Then you can contextualize your opponents responses to you later in the hand more effectively (i.e. He knows I'm strong because I raised preflop; but his still betting into me; that narrows the range a bit; etc...).

Raise the flop.

Raise the pot on the turn; don't dink around.

River: arg. 2pair is such a challenging hand to play well. I call but I don't like it.

just2ska
04-27-2005, 08:58 AM
UTG had A /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (pair of aces)
SB had 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (two pair Queens and Sevens)

note: the converter didn't say it but UTG was all in on the turn when he reraised. /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Sam T.
04-27-2005, 10:02 AM
That is one nutty hand.

Pop the turn harder. Flush and str8 draws are out there, and you need to make them pay to play.

I honestly don't think I would end up calling on the river. UTG was obviously very excited on the turn, and the river made SB piss his pants. It's tough to see what you're behind here (hard to imagine a str8, but I've seen weirder), but I smell a set.

I saw the results. Did you call?

Sam

just2ska
04-27-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw the results. Did you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

I ended up folding the river... bad fold! hah.

just2ska

Zag
04-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Ouch. That fold must've hurt. You made a read that he was strong, and you trusted it, which is good. However, what you didn't do is figure out what your read implied.

You reach the river and both you and UTG have shown power. Suddenly SB comes alive on the river with a big all-in bet. What could this mean?

Question 1: Did that 7 help him, or was he slowplaying earlier? Answer: He closed the action on the turn. If he had already had something good on the turn, he would have raised then. It must be the 7 that made him happy.

Question 2: OK, the 7 improved his hand. To what?

A straight? Well, if it was a straight, then it was a gutshot or an ignorant-end draw. Unless he is a buffoon, I can't see it unless he also had some other draw. He might also have had a flush draw, but neither draw developed until the turn. That would mean that he called the flop bet -- with someone still to act behind him -- with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif or 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif with no pair and no draw at all. Seems unlikely.

A set? Well, then he called all those turn raises with 77. Not out of the question, but you need to give those guys a stack now and then so they will keep doing it. (Of course, it turns out that he was willing to call all those raises with second pair no kicker, so he isn't much better.)

This leaves two pair. If he had K7 then he just pulled ahead of you. I can believe it, and I could even see you making this specific read and choosing to lay down your K6. But I also think that 67 seems just as likely, since I would have expected at least a flop bet with top pair. I think you make a crying call here, expecting to win only 1 in 4, which is enough to show a profit.

just2ska
04-27-2005, 04:20 PM
beautiful post, thank you

Gustavo
04-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Great comments Thank you