PDA

View Full Version : One limper, level 3, Stack is 5XPot, with AQo - Push?

vinyard
04-26-2005, 07:31 PM
I had just read read Ilyas post (as well as the responses) about getting 99 at level 3 with a middish stack in EP and trying to figure out a good way to play it and then this hand popped up on my screen. With any decent sized raise, I am likely calling his re-raise due to pot odds. I am in need of chips and my read on the limper (exceptionally weak tight and, well, bad ) gives me a good indication he might very well lay down some quality hands to the push. Does anybody else here like the push? Any other possible lines?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+1 (t1535)
MP1 (t645)
Hero (t625)
MP3 (t610)
CO (t140)
Button (t785)
SB (t1230)
BB (t1880)
UTG (t550)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">2 folds,</font>Hero?.

Final Pot: t125

pooh74
04-26-2005, 07:42 PM
lol...very similar hand indeed.

Here you have a couple of more people to push through...but there ranges should be tight considering they face the possibility of UTG calling as well. On the other hand, they may see you push as an isolation move and push hoping UTG will fold what they percieve to be a weak holding and get you heads up....

Based on the conclusion in the other hand, this seems like the play...

AQo is very 99ish