PDA

View Full Version : Rockets v. Mavs

Ulysses
04-26-2005, 06:05 PM
How awesome was that game 2?

The Mavs pull out to an 8 point lead w/ 9 min left. Rockets get it down to 1 with 8 min left.

Then the Mavs pull back to a 7 pt lead w/ 5 min left and the Rockets pull out the win, on the road, in the final minute.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maldini
04-26-2005, 06:13 PM
guess i'll through my Tivo out the window now. thanks.

just kidding. i misssed the end was at a bar and got distracted. i quit watching b/c the rockets looked in bad shape at the end. glad to hear they won.

are you a houstonian too or just like the vintage jerseys?

Phoenix1010
04-26-2005, 06:22 PM
That game was ridiculously good. Awesome play by T-Mac at the end not calling time out as well. Surpised even me. Great basketball all around. Rockets are really playing well.

DBowling
04-26-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How awesome was that game 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Very awesome.

The Yugoslavian
04-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Anyone notice how Yao stepped up the intensity and agression a wee bit? Or how Jon Barry was just straight up nasty? Or how Sura hooped it up? Good stuff. The Rockets will be a challenge for any team in the West or East.

It's an easy game if you play it the right way.

Game was very awesome....I can't wait to see Mark Cuban fire everyone involved with the team, including himself.

Yugoslav

Phoenix1010
04-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah Yao was great. A bit more intense, but he was still a sissy down low. He and McGrady work the pick and roll so well though. That plays more to his strengths, finesse and proper footwork. I like that they have Mutumbo for some nasty center defense when they need it. They're definitely going to be a tough team to beat if they keep getting strong numbers from Yao and quality contributions from their role players. Still not getting by the Suns, however.

wonderwes
04-27-2005, 01:02 AM
T-mac T-mac T-mac.

I placed a bet on each game with not 1, but 2 of my friends from Dallas. If they sweep I will make some extra cash, and probably frame the Houston Chronicle headline when they win to give that extra jab to my friends. Oh Yes.

tdarko
04-27-2005, 02:11 AM
every year the mavs make me cry a little harder...sniffle sniffle.

Joe826
04-27-2005, 02:19 AM
Yeah that game was unbelievably good. I still think the Mavs are probably the better team overall, but Houston has just played really really well the last two games while the Mavs haven't really played well at all.

I hope the Rockets keep it up though.

Jack of Arcades
04-27-2005, 02:20 AM
That game rocked. Hardcore.

(The Rockets are my favorite team... as they're the closest professional basketball team to Lafayette, LA.)

tdarko
04-27-2005, 02:22 AM
all my family is from Lake Charles and Sulphur (what a shithole!), i am from dallas though.

Jack of Arcades
04-27-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(what a shithole!)

[/ QUOTE ]

boy, you aren't kidding. lafayette isn't too bad, though.

tdarko
04-27-2005, 02:32 AM
yeah, my father and three of my cousins went to USL/Louisiana-Lafayette. i liked it, good college town.