PDA

View Full Version : college football pick

11-13-2002, 06:13 PM
While I'm not one to usually play college football, the Iowa at Minnesota - Iowa -10 appears to be a safe bet, even giving the 10 points.
Iowa will have as many fans at the game as Minnesota, although its played at the hump dome. Iowa has the ability to put points up on the board quickly, as they have done to better opponents than Minnesota (see Iowa st, Penn st, and Michigan (All on the road)). Minnesota's only offensive option is its ground game of 3 yards and a cloud of dust, which they abandon immediately after losing a lead. (see Ohio St/Michigan games) MN has no quarterback and their special teams (punting game) is atrocious. Add to the fact that Banks will be allowed time to throw against MN's Defense, should ensure that Iowa puts at least 38 on the scoreboard.

11-13-2002, 11:35 PM
/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif already a scalf jynx line pick, but +ev of 56%..not a lock...gl /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Wildbill
11-14-2002, 02:38 AM
Were you talking about the Vikings or the Gophers there??? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Gophers need a win for bowl purposes and have shown a big home/road differential so I am being careful here. Iowa would like to win big and do well in the polls, but I think they realize its not a big issue right now because if they win out by any margin they will almost certainly get to Pasadena as Ohio State will either win out and go to the Fiesta with Iowa very likely to be the pick of the Roses, or lose and the Hawkeyes get the Big 10 title. Looks good on paper, but motivation and the home play of MN worries me to the point of passing on the game.

scalf
11-14-2002, 08:16 AM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif yhis gopher/buckeye game may be similiar to ohio st/purdue...bucks looked like solid bet at -6.5...but struggled to win by any margin...still my numbers say iowa is just too much for the golden gophers...gl...not a lock tho...the kinda g afterward, when iowa wins by 6-8 pts, that people (losers) claim was a trap g or bookie fix..lol..gl /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

11-14-2002, 03:16 PM
Don't they play for a pig / What is the pig's name and where is it now.

Wildbill
11-14-2002, 04:27 PM
What would you rather win, a pig or an "old oaken bucket" or whatever the hell it is /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

scalf
11-15-2002, 08:06 AM
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif i'd rather sing.."i don;t give a damn about michigan"..as bucks creeeem that state up north...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

11-15-2002, 02:25 PM
They play for an my axe when the Gophers play the Badgers.
I don't know what they play for against Iowa. I've never been to Iowa nor do I intend to go