PDA

View Full Version : CT Drivers

bennyk
04-26-2005, 05:33 PM
DRIVING REQUIRES SOME THOUGHT, FUCKERS

stay out of the left lane unless you are passing someone or driving fast enough to stay out of the way.

please take note of accceptable lane change procedure:

1) wait for an opening. it should be large enough to fit your car without disrupting the flow of traffic.

2) check over your shoulder for OTHER CARS (this is not optional)

3) signal (also not optional. please signal IN ADVANCE of executing the lane change.)

4) smoothly change lanes when the opportunity is ripe (Note: do not swerve uncontrollably into the lane)

excessive speed is acceptable/encouraged if the above conditions are met.

thank you for your time. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
bk

InchoateHand
04-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Insert Washington D.C., NJ, MI, OH, CA, WA etc. in the header. Don't use stupid [censored] smileys. That is all.

bennyk
04-26-2005, 06:15 PM
what, are you from CT? since i drove to new haven today i only wanted to pass judgement on what i experienced.

glad to make the 2nd road-rage thread of the day...didn't see the other one until after.

the stupid smile was an attempt to mitigate the bitchiness of the post...

bk

Uglyowl
04-26-2005, 06:32 PM
There not CT drivers, they are Mass. grannies heading to spend their social security money at Foxwoods.

Perseus
04-26-2005, 07:00 PM
I drove from exit 32 to exit 22 on 95 every day for high school during rush hour.

I hated it when drivers from other states f'd up the traffic even more because they couldn't figure out the rules.

1. if you wait for an opening you will never get one. make your presence known /images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. if everyone stayed out of the left lane expect for passing the traffic would be worse than it already is

3. mass. drivers as much worse. Arguement can be made for NY

4. after years of growing up in ct you get the idea and this becomes second nature.

I'm assuming you were talking about 95 or 91. If you don't like dealing with this take the Merrit, that's what my parents do. Very scenic.

pokerjo22
04-26-2005, 07:03 PM
I'd like to add that when driving on the west coast don't bang a left. The other drivers aren't expecting it and you nearly die.

bennyk
04-26-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. if you wait for an opening you will never get one. make your presence known /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
meh. obviously one needs to find a balance here. at high speeds, you must wait for an opportunity. in traffic things are different.

[ QUOTE ]

2. if everyone stayed out of the left lane expect for passing the traffic would be worse than it already is

[/ QUOTE ]
this isn't what i said at all.

[ QUOTE ]

3. mass. drivers as much worse. Arguement can be made for NY

[/ QUOTE ]
i will be happy to get back to NYC where the drivers are agressive but reasonably safe and PREDICTABLE.

[ QUOTE ]

4. after years of growing up in ct you get the idea and this becomes second nature.

[/ QUOTE ]
hopefully i will never have to spend years in CT
it was 95. seemed like a good idea at the time.
bk

bennyk
04-26-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There not CT drivers, they are Mass. grannies heading to spend their social security money at Foxwoods.

[/ QUOTE ]

on a tuesday afternoon? with CT plates?
bk

InchoateHand
04-26-2005, 07:16 PM
The Merrit?

Sure, uber-scenic construction. Unless its late at night, avoid at all costs right now. The only benefit is that for the length of the Merrit there are all of two state cops.