PDA

View Full Version : Too Little?

Schneids
04-26-2005, 05:27 PM
40/80 6-handed.

I raise 9h 9c from the button. SB 3 bets. I'm familiar with him. BB folds. So, I cap. This is my first rotation at the table, and, the first hand I've played.

----- FLOP ----- [4c 7h 8c]
check, I bet, SB raises, I call.

----- TURN ----- [4c 7h 8c][Qs]
SB bets, I raise, SB calls.

----- RIVER ----- [4c 7h 8c Qs][Jh]
SB checks, I check in part because I want to see what he 3bet me with PF so I can get a read (if he calls and loses I don't get to see his hand).

sublime
04-26-2005, 05:52 PM
why not just call the turn and river?

also, you are familier with him. care to share? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DrGutshot
04-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Schneids -

is there any turn you are not raising?

-DrG

Danenania
04-26-2005, 06:09 PM
I prefer a flop 3-bet. A.) Waiting for the turn could make him fold alot of hands he would have called down with, especially if you raise on a high card. B.) Turn is more expensive when you're behind.

sthief09
04-26-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume he wants to give a 6 outer a chance to fold

sthief09
04-26-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer a flop 3-bet. A.) Waiting for the turn could make him fold alot of hands he would have called down with, especially if you raise on a high card. B.) Turn is more expensive when you're behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

for B, the only way the turn raise will make it more expensive is if this guy calls the raise and fires again on the river. I'm assuming he can't call a 3-bet from this guy. since he took the free showdown, it actually cost him less if he didn't have the best hand tahn 3-betting the flop (since after 3-betting the flop, I'd assume he'd want to bet the turn and river)

sthief09
04-26-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Schneids -

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

if he raises a Q I'd assume he'd raise a smaller card as well. I think an A is a great card to go for a free showdown with, and possibly induce a fold, while costing him the same amount of $$$$

Alobar
04-26-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Danenania
04-26-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming he can't call a 3-bet from this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't assuming that. Would definitely make a big difference.

sthief09
04-26-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming he can't call a 3-bet from this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't assuming that. Would definitely make a big difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it definitely does make a difference in raising, but how often is he going to get raised? with the Q on the turn, JJ and TT can't raise anymore. it's possible the guy check raised the flop with AQ, and could 3-bet. AA and KK could also 3-bet. I don't know that they always will. getting 4-bet when you're holding one of those hands really makes you want to throw up. but if we say he'll raise half the time he has AQ, AA, KK, and all the time with a set, plus also some bluffing hands since otherwise he'd just fold, I don't think it has too much of an affect even if he has to pay off

Schneids
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]! That should be unfamiliar with him. Dammit.

sthief09
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]! That should be unfamiliar with him. Dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]

idiot

who's ready to add him to our ignore lists? this is about all I can take from him

sublime
04-26-2005, 07:42 PM

with that action, i estimate that happens a very small% of the time. i much prefer tyo let him bet a worse hand on 2 big streets. which he will do a lot more often than fold a hand that is drawing live getting 10-1.

sthief09
04-26-2005, 07:44 PM
a worse hand almost certainly has outs. so why let him bet a worse hand twice, when you can attempt to make him fold? in this very simple model of the situation, there is no downside at all to raising

sublime
04-26-2005, 07:52 PM
okay. as long as he folds to a 3-bet (i assume he will) then i agree. otoh by folding to a 3-bet he loses the chance to outdraw a better hand. i dunno. i play 30/60 and 'typical' opponents dont fold overs here very often.

i dont think about poker as much as i should. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sthief09
04-26-2005, 07:57 PM
I think the problem lies in the fact that you're a Boston sports fan

also he doesn't have to fold overs very often, since we're assuming everything else is equal no matter what he chooses

sublime
04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
respond to my last thought on the hand (u know saying i am right) and save the insults for vegas. after hanging out with me for 15mins u will have plenty.

sublime
04-26-2005, 08:00 PM
okay, well he draws to his 2 outer probably the same amount of time /images/graemlins/grin.gif

edit: nawwww. more. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

i /images/graemlins/heart.gif pedro

Schneids
04-27-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Schneids -

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

The plan was raising every turn card. And folding if 3 bet on many of them. I've played the hand like a huge pair.

Schneids
04-27-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i play 30/60 and 'typical' opponents dont fold overs here very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

they don't always bet the river with overs either and may even check/fold them. Yes though, a lot of times I do get a bet out of them on the river too.

Schneids
04-27-2005, 04:24 PM
I win against 55. Don't know whether he'd have called a river bet but maybe he would have. Think I probably should have bet it. Meh.

sublime
04-27-2005, 05:03 PM
they don't always bet the river with overs either and may even check/fold them. Yes though, a lot of times I do get a bet out of them on the river too.

cool. your line of play got me 'thinking' about poker again, instead of just 'playing it'. not that i think your line is better than the one i suggested /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ps-

keep posting. it actually motivates me to read the forum.

play well

theBruiser500
04-27-2005, 05:30 PM
"I check in part because I want to see what he 3bet me with PF so I can get a read"

this is a very weak reason to pass on a good play

sublime
04-27-2005, 06:21 PM
bruiser is da man

sthief09
04-27-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I check in part because I want to see what he 3bet me with PF so I can get a read"

this is a very weak reason to pass on a good play

[/ QUOTE ]

or maybe it's a good reason to pass on a weak play.

information has tangible monetary value. he valued that higher than the small fraction of a bet he'd gain in EV by betting.