PDA

View Full Version : My current away message-rant

Dead
04-26-2005, 05:20 PM
I had a shitty kind of day today after some people in the group bombed our presentation, and we will be getting a shitty grade as a result.

I thought that some of you might get a kick out of reading a total rant that I have in my AIM away message. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm going to go play basketball to release some of this aggression.

Peace

Away message:
You know who's the biggest piece of [censored] in the entire world?

I'll tell you: Professor ********

This guy had the nerve to call ME unprofessional after our presentation today, just because we made a tiny mistake and forgot to include something in our written plan. If you knew anything about me you would know that I've put 200% effort into this project to make it the best project that I have ever done.

You're a [censored] bitch, ***********. Don't you [censored] call me unprofessional. You're the motherfucker who didn't even assign our group until like three weeks ago, when you said that you would do it almost three months ago. [censored] YOU, you stupid piece of [censored]. I hate that I have to take another class with you next semester. I hate the fact that I have to be civil to you.

You're a total failure as a teacher. Your class sucks. I'm gonna give you a shitty review on the scantron that we have to fill out about your teaching. You can take your "unprofessional" comment and shove it right up your stupid ass. Fuckface.
-----
Trying to work off some aggression. Leave one.

InchoateHand
04-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Wow, you really told him.

BreakEvenPlayer
04-26-2005, 05:23 PM
You should play some $15-$30 and let off some steam.

Beerfund
Maybe if you would have worked harder you wouldn't have made a "tiny little error". Tisk tisk

a500lbgorilla
As long as you don't play baseball or some other sport that puts a long wooden stick in your hands and you in close proximity to living, bleeding human beings.

tbach24
T00L

wh1t3bread
If you actually send that to your professor I will get more of a kick out of it.

M2d
unless you IM with your professor, this just makes you look like a whiney bitch. copy and paste it onto an e-mail to the prof.

Dead
04-26-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you would have worked harder you wouldn't have made a "tiny little error". Tisk tisk

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't make the error, dip.

The girl in the group and I did 95% of the work. The other guys in the group did 5%. That part that was missing was one of the other guys' responsibility. He didn't turn it in. I take no responsibility for it.

Anyway I have to go bye.

Beerfund
04-26-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The girl in the group and I did 95% of the work. The other guys in the group did 5%. That part that was missing was one of the other guys' responsibility. He didn't turn it in. I take no responsibility for it.

Anyway I have to go bye.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no excuse. You should have made him do it, I know I would have. Maybe if you would have given %250..........

lucas9000
04-26-2005, 05:28 PM
maybe you should spend more time on your school work and less time posting retarded crap on 2+2. just a thought.

Edge34
04-26-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe you should spend more time on your school work and less time posting retarded crap on 2+2. just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, you beat me to it.

NH sir.

Jules22
04-26-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jason_t
04-26-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, you beat me to it.

NH sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Non_Comformist
04-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Well you certainly showed him, err wait you didn't.

If this qualifies as being either "bad ass", "rebellious" or "OMG FUNNY" amongst your circle of friends than I suggest you take immediate action to curb your lameness.

bernie
04-26-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. It's a good thing these things don't happen like this in the 'real' world and only in college.

Are you going to say this to a prospective client when things don't go your way and a presentation bombs? Are you going to bitch and moan at them for not signing on with you?

It looks great blaming others in your 'group'. You'll really stick out. Being part of the 'group', responsibility is shared regardless of who was actually at fault.

b

The Yugoslavian
04-26-2005, 05:43 PM
Sounds like your presentation was pretty good. It also sounds like you invest too much of yourself in your "teachers'" opinions...they are simply human - even the great ones make mistakes, but the bad ones are mistakes.

[ QUOTE ]

Yikes.

Be concerned with taking classes where you are genuinely interested in the subject matter and will have motivation to learn and delve deeply. You are in college to learn and I assume you enjoy learning in some capacity. The true reward in school is knowing that you understand the material in a meaningful way...not seeing a whole bunch of 4.0s on your transcript. But yes, to many it is extremely important what quasi-arbitrary numbers one's teacher 'assigns' to him/her. Remember though, it's your life, your education, your future and your time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

The Yugoslavian
04-26-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyway I have to go bye.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will very likely be 'working' later in life in a team setting. This has been a very valuable experience for you and you most likely have learned much, much more than any grade could indicate....especially if you slow down, meditate on the process......and know what I'm talkin' about.

Yugoslav

tinga81
04-26-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're a [censored] bitch, ***********. Don't you [censored] call me unprofessional. You're the motherfucker who didn't even assign our group until like three weeks ago, when you said that you would do it almost three months ago. [censored] YOU, you stupid piece of [censored]. I hate that I have to take another class with you next semester. I hate the fact that I have to be civil to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can still be civil, and go state your case to him. but hell, i was never one to go visit my teachers. you can decide to go bitch at him and take the class with another teacher (if other sections are offered)

[ QUOTE ]
You're a total failure as a teacher. Your class sucks. I'm gonna give you a shitty review on the scantron that we have to fill out about your teaching. You can take your "unprofessional" comment and shove it right up your stupid ass. Fuckface.

[/ QUOTE ]

teacher evaluation day was always fun. i loved tearing the teachers a new 2-gap. i would always want to see the expression on their faces as they read my responses.

Ulysses
04-26-2005, 05:49 PM
Wait a sec. Was this moot court? This sounds familiar. You should have stepped in and taken over for the dude once he started to stumble!

Beerfund
04-26-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait a sec. Was this moot court? This sounds familiar. You should have stepped in and taken over for the dude once he started to stumble!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, nice 1 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sfer
04-26-2005, 06:01 PM
You're handling this in a very professional manner.

bernie
04-26-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should have stepped in and taken over for the dude once he started to stumble!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
That part that was missing was one of the other guys' responsibility. He didn't turn it in. I take no responsibility for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

b

TimM
04-26-2005, 06:02 PM
What is the course and presentation about? It sounds like your group had no leadership. If part of the point of making you do this group presentation was to teach you how to work in groups, I can see his point.

Edge34
04-26-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the course and presentation about? It sounds like your group had no leadership. If part of the point of making you do this group presentation was to teach you how to work in groups, I can see his point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Business Management 101: Group Leadership /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dead
04-26-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Business Management 101: Group Leadership /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Management 331: Marketing

TimM
04-26-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Management 331: Marketing

[/ QUOTE ]

http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/AP_Photo/2004/12/23/1103840083_1620.jpg

You're Fired!

Dead
04-26-2005, 06:17 PM
I don't care.

It's a required course. Next year I will be taking more electives.

I'm not interested in marketing anyway. I'm more interested in human resources/employee benefits.

Non_Comformist
04-26-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously that is not true.

Dead
04-26-2005, 06:18 PM
I meant I don't care about being fired.

Mr. Zero
04-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Grow up, and don't be so passive-aggressive.

TimM
04-26-2005, 06:30 PM
You need to learn to laugh at yourself sometimes.

spamuell
04-26-2005, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I see you I think sfer changed his avatar back.

Voltron87
04-26-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna give you a shitty review on the scantron that we have to fill out about your teaching. You can take your "unprofessional" comment and shove it right up your stupid ass. Fuckface.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooohhhh you show him dead!

Jingleheimer
04-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Wow. Really classy.

What do you think the professor would post about you if he/she could? I mean anonymously, like you.

But don't worry, you'll have the last laugh by screwing him/her on the evaluations. Again anonymously.

Any wonder why profs sometimes don't have excessive joy at dealing with students?

lucas9000
04-26-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

David04
04-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Unless you communicate with your professor via AIM, this entire thread is lame.

spamuell
04-26-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless you communicate with your professor via AIM, this entire thread is lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if his professor is an OOTer.

cnfuzzd
04-26-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and it makes me sad, cause this is what sfer will always look like to me...

peace

john nickle

Mr. Zero
04-26-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and it makes me sad, cause this is what sfer will always look like to me...

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

Say no more...I'll switch it up.

Clarkmeister
04-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Since not a single person came to your defense, you can take one of two things away from this thread.

1. Everyone else is wrong and you are right.

2. Maybe, just maybe, you could learn a little something from this experience and grow from it in a mature and productive manner.

Edge34
04-26-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2. Maybe, just maybe, you could learn a little something from this experience and grow from it in a mature and productive manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

After this long, that may be asking a little much Clark......

I hope not though. What's really kinda funny about this is that he posted the thing for our amusement...and now its THIS....

Non_Comformist
04-26-2005, 07:44 PM
If we knew what school Dead goes to and we now know the class, finding the professor and his email wouldn't really be that hard. I'm sure he could well add 2+2. and determine the student.

Clarkmeister
04-26-2005, 07:45 PM
He supposedly goes to SU.

InchoateHand
04-26-2005, 07:51 PM
No, he goes to one of the SUNY schools, I forget which. Ideally no one would be as petty and vindictive as to send it on.

Dead
04-26-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ideally no one would be as petty and vindictive as to send it on.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter anyway. There were 24 people that presented today, and I am off campus. No way for the teacher to figure out who I am, but the fact that Clarkmeister would assist in it angers me. I am not surprised by Non Conformist at all. He has always been mean.

And none of you have my AIM name. And none of you will get it.

Matty
04-26-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'd wager if you made the task easy enough, most of us would.

purnell
04-26-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

Dead
04-26-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'd wager if you made the task easy enough, most of us would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I'll make it easy for you:

http://whitman.syr.edu/people/departments/marketing/directory.asp

purnell
04-26-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care.

I'm not interested in marketing anyway. I'm more interested in human resources/employee benefits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice for you, IMO. No leadership skills are required or desired in a clerk.

Dead
04-26-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, he goes to one of the SUNY schools, I forget which. Ideally no one would be as petty and vindictive as to send it on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark was right.

istewart
04-26-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice for you, IMO. No leadership skills are required or desired in a clerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

Non_Comformist
04-26-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking but I thought you said you didn't go to syracuse but were just a fan?

istewart
04-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Away messages that don't simply say "I'm away, brb" are gay.

Dead
04-26-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was joking but I thought you said you didn't go to syracuse but were just a fan?

[/ QUOTE ]

I lied.

istewart
04-26-2005, 08:22 PM
I thought it was pretty clear after Syracuse went out that he went there.

Non_Comformist
04-26-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I lied.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok fair enough but are you sure because I don't think Syracuse has a managemtent 331:Marketing course? My mistake I'm sure.

Dead
04-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Do you think I would give you the real course number?

Just like you will never see me give you my real name on here, etc.

That would be dangerous. I prefer to remain anonymous.

Lots of schools do have a 331. SU does not.

Edge34
04-26-2005, 08:31 PM
So the questions are:

Something was "unprofessional" about the way you did something today, because apparently the professor said it to you and you alone. If that's the case, this one's on you. Correct so far?

If it was to your group, your group probably should have done something better. Its not your job to babysit others, but if my grade is on the line in a group project, I'm making damn sure my partners are getting [censored] done. Especially if its random groups - can't just sit back and say "they'll get it done".

So really...what have you accomplished by all this?

Other than dragging something this lame on this long...

Dead
04-26-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Something was "unprofessional" about the way you did something today, because apparently the professor said it to you and you alone. If that's the case, this one's on you. Correct so far?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he said it to the entire group. But I took it personally because he was looking at me when he said it. I did nothing wrong. My parts of the plan were perfect and my part of the presentation was perfect.

[ QUOTE ]
If it was to your group, your group probably should have done something better. Its not your job to babysit others, but if my grade is on the line in a group project, I'm making damn sure my partners are getting [censored] done. Especially if its random groups - can't just sit back and say "they'll get it done".

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been trying to solve this for going on two weeks now, and it's not that easy. Maybe you're not a management major, so you don't know what it's like, but group projects are a huge part of it, and lots of them are given with group grades. Groups are assigned, and if someone just wants a C in the project, you can't make them work. I can't make someone do a good job presenting, and if someone says that they have to finish their part up before turning it in with their name on it then there isn't much I can do.

Dominic
04-26-2005, 08:57 PM
there's no such thing as "200%."

Do you see why?