PDA

View Full Version : $100 bankroll bonus clearing quest

swolfe
04-26-2005, 03:39 PM
So Party Poker gave me the $100 sticky bonus. Basically it's $100 cash in my account that I can play with, but I have to play 1000 raked hands before I can cash it out. Well, I don't keep any other money on the main Party skin, so I had to make a deposit (also to get the reload, plus the account specific reload they gave me). Unfortunately, my EFT won't clear for another 4 business days (I guess because it's a $2K deposit?) and the sticky bonus expires (and I assume will be taken away) on the 28th. The $100 is no big deal, but hey, it's free money.

So here's my plan. Having only 4 full buy-ins for the $25 sucks, especially given that I like to play my draws and whatnot aggressively and I want to play 4 tables to get through the hands as quickly as possible. So, in order to do this with as little variance as possible I'm going to buy in to the $25 game with $15 and play only pocket pairs for set value.

I think I'll do this until I get to $150 or so...maybe $175, then I'll just play my normal full buy-in game.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

-Skeme-
04-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Sets lose, too. You gonna fold AK and such?

swolfe
04-26-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sets lose, too. You gonna fold AK and such?

[/ QUOTE ]

true, that's one of the reasons i'm think i'll only buy-in for $15. that'll give me a little more than two $15 buy-ins in reserve.

also, it's not big deal if i lose this. in fact, i think the risk of ruin for getting through 1000 raked hands on 4 tables is proabbly pretty high..10%? shrug.

pzhon
04-26-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So Party Poker gave me the $100 sticky bonus. Basically it's $100 cash in my account that I can play with, but I have to play 1000 raked hands before I can cash it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you aren't looking forward to playing 1000 hands in the next couple of days, you may want to buy in short at NL 400. Play short-stack big-pair poker. After you raise preflop, you get to push on the flop with TPTK or a flush draw or AK unimproved.

This strategy has a high variance. You'll probably bust out if you try it, but it will be less frustrating to bust out after playing 20 hands than 800.

If you double up, you can grind it out at NL 25 if you want. I don't think they will take all of the money away even if you don't clear the bonus. Also, your stats for NL 400 will be awesome.

swolfe
04-26-2005, 07:40 PM
well, i went with my original plan even though pzhon's double-up idea sounds like more fun /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i'm up to $127 after 500 hands. man, this is too much like work...