PDA

View Full Version : Someone, please, give me the details on rakeback

Bigwig
04-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Whether it's a link, a PM, or text, I need to know about rakeback. I just figured this morning that I'm on pace to pay at least $25,000 in rake fees this year. So if I can get a third of that back, it'll pay for my golf and Vegas trips. I want some of it back.

But I have no idea how this rakeback stuff works. In fact, I'm somewhat clueless on a lot of this kind of stuff. I do very well, and yet I'm lost when someone says the word 'playerview.' I've no idea what that is.

But this thread is not about that. It's about helping Bigwig figure out this rakeback business.

Help. Please. Thank you.

Big Limpin'
04-26-2005, 03:57 PM
http://www.twoplustwo.com/classified.php

Unarmed
04-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Without revealing my affiliate, am I allowed to post what R/B% I'm getting? I'd like to know if its comparable to other high volume players.

I've seen R/B review and am currently getting higher than any of the posted rates there.

BDarch
04-26-2005, 04:53 PM
to get rakeback you need to create a totally seperate account right?

Messy_Jesse
04-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Rakeback is the single greatest thing ever for the high volume player- Its free money (lots of it) when you play a lot- There are many different ways to find a good rakeback deal- you should search the internet and find them. You do have to create a different account if you want to signup, but it is definitely worth it- My suggestion: Find one, signup, and reap the benefits associated with it.

Jess

tomdemaine
04-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Beware the curse! That's all I'll say.

Apathy
04-26-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Without revealing my affiliate, am I allowed to post what R/B% I'm getting? I'd like to know if its comparable to other high volume players.

I've seen R/B review and am currently getting higher than any of the posted rates there.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes you should be allowed to post that as long as you don't mention who you are getting it from

mcpherzen
04-26-2005, 06:29 PM
I can't remember who it is, but someone on this forum doesn't think a rakeback account is necessary if you are a winning player. I've just jumped to the $109's and I personally feel rakeback is essential. I've only played 300 109's so far, but my ROI is a paltry 5.5%. I think I'm running ridiculously bad, but the jury's still out (I might just not be very good at the $109's). I do know that many very good and well respected players here also do not have an ROI in the double-digits at the $109's and above, so perhaps that's about all they can be beaten for over time. Anyway, I get $2.25 back per SNG with my rakeback deal, so rakeback alone counts for 27% of my total profit. Even if I were "killing" the $109's for 15% ROI, rakeback would still account for 12% of total profit. So, Bigwig, in short, rakeback is essential IMO. PM me if you want and I'll tell you who I use (Party and Empire).

--Zen

TheUsher
04-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Personally, I recently opened up a rakeback account on Empire for 28%. Couldn't win **** there even until now so it's making me wonder why I even wanted to get rakeback. /images/graemlins/wink.gif It should all even out though and it's always nice to get free money.

BTW Zen, your % seems a bit low, especially since you play a ton of these with Irie. I've heard of low 30's for some people but I don't even want to ask how they accomplish that.

skipperbob
04-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Is rakeback part of the "Pool"...Love, YourBacker

ZebraAss
04-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Could you tell me who you use for rakeback?

Newt_Buggs
04-26-2005, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I get 28% on empire, anyone getting more?

mcpherzen
04-26-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is rakeback part of the "Pool"...Love, YourBacker

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Skipper - I got your rakeback "right here."

skipperbob
04-26-2005, 09:48 PM
Since I hear that you are not "allowed" to come over for Fri.PM poker game, then I assume that by "right here" you mean in your vaginal canal /images/graemlins/cool.gif

TheUsher
04-26-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I recently opened up a rakeback account on Empire for 28%. Couldn't win **** there even until now so it's making me wonder why I even wanted to get rakeback. /images/graemlins/wink.gif It should all even out though and it's always nice to get free money.

BTW Zen, your % seems a bit low, especially since you play a ton of these with Irie. I've heard of low 30's for some people but I don't even want to ask how they accomplish that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just re-read this and want to apologize. My post sorta sounds like I'm talking about ROI since it was referring to your post, but the whole thing was about rakeback and the 25% you're getting. Other than at Party, you could do way better than that at some other 2+2 affiliates if you do some searching.

AA suited
04-26-2005, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

newt, usher

how much rake do you generate per month to get 28% at Empire?

Apathy
04-26-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember who it is, but someone on this forum doesn't think a rakeback account is necessary if you are a winning player. I've just jumped to the $109's and I personally feel rakeback is essential. I've only played 300 109's so far, but my ROI is a paltry 5.5%. I think I'm running ridiculously bad, but the jury's still out (I might just not be very good at the $109's). I do know that many very good and well respected players here also do not have an ROI in the double-digits at the $109's and above, so perhaps that's about all they can be beaten for over time. Anyway, I get $2.25 back per SNG with my rakeback deal, so rakeback alone counts for 27% of my total profit. Even if I were "killing" the $109's for 15% ROI, rakeback would still account for 12% of total profit. So, Bigwig, in short, rakeback is essential IMO. PM me if you want and I'll tell you who I use (Party and Empire).

--Zen

[/ QUOTE ]

yes rake back is essential, and yes you can beat them for more then 15% no problem imo, (4-tabling). with 8 tables 15% would be excellent.

I believe 18-20% is very very doable long term, maybe even higher.(4-tabling)

And yes, no matter what rakeback is schweet.

-P.S. What are your names on party/affiliates. I know irie's and I think I know all of yours but I'm not sure, PM me if you don't wanna post it. Thanx

TheUsher
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

newt, usher

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno. My guy has no minimum so it seems. I might be getting a bad deal if I rake in a lot but that % was the highest I could find at the time so I'm not complaining at all.

Edit: Oops looks like I was off. It's 26% instead of 28%. I do know that others are getting 28 and higher. Was the highest I could find at the time when I was searching around and the dude was trust-worthy which meant more to me than an extra 1 or 2 %.

mcpherzen
04-27-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just re-read this and want to apologize. My post sorta sounds like I'm talking about ROI since it was referring to your post, but the whole thing was about rakeback and the 25% you're getting. Other than at Party, you could do way better than that at some other 2+2 affiliates if you do some searching.

[/ QUOTE ]

No prob., Usher. The guy I use for Empire really has his act together (daily updates on his website, payment on time, etc.), so that makes me a bit reticent to switch. But I acutally think the bigger issue is the hassle involved (opening up a second Party account using my wife's name, opening another Neteller acct. so I can cash out, etc., dealing with both accounts getting frozen because the last names and IP addresses used on them are the same). Most of the sites only let you inter-account-transfer $400/week when you have a brand-new account, so moving money just becomes a big hassle. There's probably a way to solve these problems, but I haven't found it yet (please feel free to post or PM me if you have ideas). Anyway, I guess this is why I stick with just 25%. How much better can you do? 30%? 35%?

--Z

EdgePort
04-27-2005, 01:48 PM
I get 26%, and I can cashout whenever I want. Meaning I don't have to wait until the end of the month. I can cashout in the middle of the month if I want. This is on Empire.

MSUcougar
04-27-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I also recently opened a rakeback account on Empire and I have a negative ROI there over the first 150 SNGs... I keep telling myself that they're the same tables as the ones I was beating at Party... stupid variance /images/graemlins/mad.gif

But ya, rakeback is awesome

GtrHtr
04-27-2005, 02:52 PM
I would be interested in any PM's on getting rakeback on Party - how you set it up, etc.

Also any RB experiences on UB or, dare I say it, PokerStars.

Thanks.

dfscott
04-27-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

newt, usher

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are killing me -- I thought my 20% at Empire was good. I must've gotten hooked up with the wrong people.

BDarch
04-27-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested in any PM's on getting rakeback on Party - how you set it up, etc.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too if it's not too much trouble

David100
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
pm me too if u can beat 25%

David

Misfire
04-27-2005, 03:33 PM
Sounds to me like we need a rakeback forum.

prunch
04-27-2005, 03:34 PM
ye me 3,
is it actually illegal?
do u pay a monthly fee, just wondering in case i stop playin for a few months?

Freudian
04-27-2005, 03:53 PM
No it is not illegal. And 2+2 don't like affiliate talk on the forums, so I suspect it is more likely this thread is deleted than we get a rakeback-forum.

Bill Poker
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
me4 -:)

Freudian
04-27-2005, 04:10 PM
No, you don't pay a monthly fee. You get back a certain % of the rake you pay. If you don't play you don't get any rake back. If you play a lot, you get a lot of rake back.

Unarmed
04-27-2005, 04:18 PM
28% is cake.
guys just go to www.rakebackreview.com (http://www.rakebackreview.com)

The best posted rates are there.
Pick one and ask them what's the best they can do, compare this to the response you get from the 2+2 affiliates, etc. etc.

Also, I see no reason why, if you're earning 20%, you couldn't go to your affiliate and tell them to give you a competitive rate. I'm sure they'd rather bump you to 28% or whatever than lose you as a client.

Newt_Buggs
04-27-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

newt, usher

[/ QUOTE ]
My affiliate gives a flat 28% regardless of the amount of rake generated on Empire at 27% on Eurobet. If I generate some insane amount of rake that I never would it bumps to 30% on empire, but thats about it. And no, my affiliate is not listed on rakebackreview.

AA suited
04-28-2005, 05:13 AM
can you define "insane" amount of rake?

hummusx
04-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Could someone that is getting 28% and LIKES their rakeback provider send me a PM? I looked over the list and didn't see anyone listed on there with that high of a rate. I need to add another Party skin and my current affiliate isn't very responsive to my emails (can't figure that out, I'm trying to give them more money). I need someone that'll actually respond if I need something, and preferably someone that provides a little more detailed stats. I currently just get total month to date.