PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll Decimated, what to do?

Baked67
04-26-2005, 03:22 PM
So, I play the 10+1's at Pokerroom parttime yadda yadda yadda. I had a rough go of it a week ago. Varience IS a bitch. I usually play with a roll of 300, but after a downswing of 16 tournaments my bankroll is serisously hurting around 140-160 bucks. I moved down to the fives to try and weather the storm and things have started turning around for me a bit. But when should I move back up? What do u guys do? Should I wait till I have 30 buy ins again to try the tens or should I try and take a stab at them a little sooner...

spentrent
04-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I only move to the fives when I'm under $111. YMMV.

Phoenix1010
04-26-2005, 03:33 PM
If you're ever planning on moving down after a bad run you should have a separate bankroll put aside for it. Bad runs will come, you have to plan ahead for them. I'd say you should have $220 for your main 10+1's (enough for 20 tourneys) bankroll and then another $110 or so for the 5+1's (or $110 for 5+.5's). So have a combined standard bankroll of about $340, and play around with it as you see fit, but when you get down to 120, you know it's time to step down. Best of luck to you in the future.

-Phoenix

FieryJustice
04-26-2005, 03:49 PM
I keep 50x the buy in just so I can take some beatings before I start playing with me "real" 30 buy in bankroll.

The Yugoslavian
04-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Just go get baked...

It'll all work itself out eventually.

Yugoslav

Irieguy
04-26-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just go get baked...

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is far better than anybody will ever realize. It is the most profound post I've seen in weeks... and I'm not kidding.

Irieguy

The Yugoslavian
04-26-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just go get baked...

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

This advice is far better than anybody will ever realize. It is the most profound post I've seen in weeks... and I'm not kidding.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you'd like it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

And yes, it was meant to be only pseudo-humorous.

Yugoslav

p0t_Commit3d
04-26-2005, 05:43 PM
You are my kind of guy.

I bring my laptop into my car and hotbox while I 4table the highest limit shorthanded game i can get into.

Booo F.ing-Ya

Baked67
04-26-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just go get baked...

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do...soon as I get off of work. I dont know why I didn't think of that. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

skipperbob
04-26-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just go get baked...

[/ QUOTE ]

at what temperature?

microbet
04-26-2005, 07:14 PM
I think this is what he meant.
http://www.vpul.upenn.edu/ohe/library/drugs/marijuana.jpg

spentrent
04-26-2005, 08:08 PM
The leaves are all yours.

The Yugoslavian
04-26-2005, 08:10 PM
It's cool...Skipper still thinks 'Irieguy' is pronounced: eerieguy. And probably doesn't know what 'Irie' means in rastafarian terms anyway.

Yugoslav

lorinda
04-26-2005, 09:00 PM
There are two criteria that matter.

1) Can you mathematically survive a bad run.
2) Can you mentally survive a bad run.

When the bankroll is big enough that both of these are fine, then you should move back up.

Lori

Blarg
04-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Heh, the getting baked idea is as good advice as you're likely to get. The 10's aren't so hard that anyone will ever be locked out of winning them on a long-term basis. Once in a while variance has just got to take its cut of your profits, though. Oh well. Fire one up in its honor, as Yugo recommends!

skipperbob
04-26-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Skipper still thinks 'Irieguy' is pronounced: eerieguy. And probably doesn't know what 'Irie' means in rastafarian terms anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you missed one important item on my resume; my Son-in-Law (Irie's Brother-in-Law) is full-on Jambo Rasta native....BTW; Irie's license plate used to be "Irieguy" which is WAYCOOL, until the Polish pull you over and decide they have "reasonable cause" to search your Corvette...One last note, Mr. Yugo Pinko-Commie-[censored], at this very moment I am holding more monster dope in the trunk of my pussmobile than you have ever seen.....YOU PICKED THE WRONG COWBOY /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Yugoslavian
04-26-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Skipper still thinks 'Irieguy' is pronounced: eerieguy. And probably doesn't know what 'Irie' means in rastafarian terms anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you missed one important item on my resume; my Son-in-Law (Irie's Brother-in-Law) is full-on Jambo Rasta native....BTW; Irie's license plate used to be "Irieguy" which is WAYCOOL, until the Polish pull you over and decide they have "reasonable cause" to search your Corvette...One last note, Mr. Yugo Pinko-Commie-[censored], at this very moment I am holding more monster dope in the trunk of my pussmobile than you have ever seen.....YOU PICKED THE WRONG COWBOY /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So why the f*ck do you call him eerieguy?!? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

And where did you get all that monster dope?!?! You've been rollin' fags in the park again, grandpa, haven't you?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav
Who thinks Irie's license plate is pretty dope as is right now....;).

johnnybeef
04-26-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

awwwwww....a family that smokes j's together will always stay together /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

el_dusto
04-26-2005, 11:17 PM
420 degrees for about 3 hours....

(-1, Offtopic... sorry ^_^)

TheUsher
04-26-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa whoa whoa, who has a corvette? Irie? Tell me more. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

1C5
04-26-2005, 11:38 PM
See username, I have one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scuba Chuck
04-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Well, after reading the title of this post, and the name attached to it, my advice is don't mix hobbies. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheUsher
04-26-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
See username, I have one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

!!! Do you ever post on their forums? I used to always hang around z06vette and cf but poker took up all my posting time now. I have a triple black vert c5. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tilt
04-27-2005, 12:32 AM
I play the pokerroom 10's, whats your ID?

Baked67
04-27-2005, 08:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play the pokerroom 10's, whats your ID?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its Baked247... /images/graemlins/cool.gif