PDA

View Full Version : Disabling chat (No poker content)

gasgod
04-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Really weird tourney.

Today in a 5/1 (I know, play 10/1. BR issues) I ran into a Frenchman who started right away with non-stop chat. He was extremely obnoxious, insulting people's family and sexual orientation, gloating whenever he won a hand, taunting somebody every hand. So, I disabled his chat so I wouldn't be affected by it. Good idea?

No! Bad idea. It turned out he became disconnected around level 4 or so, and I was probably the only person at the table who didn't know it. Also, he was chip leader with about t4500 in chips. I didn't notice until he folded his big blind in an unraised pot. (I thought he was just cruising) It could have cost me to be so unaware of what was going on.

Well, after folding the first 40 hands, there were five players left. I finally got some cards and in a quick rush everybody busted out except the Frenchman, who still had t3700 or so when we got down to HU. I had the pleasure of winning the HU match without ever raising. In fact, during the entire tourney, I stole the blinds only once! Not very good training, but I'll take 'em any way I can get 'em.

GG

DonButtons
04-26-2005, 04:04 PM
I leave chat on, and read through it sometimes, but never talk usually, I think by not saying NH, or lol in the chat when you get a bad beat helps you not going on tilt. So I pretty much dont chat anymore except for AIM.