View Full Version : chicken wings

beerbandit
04-26-2005, 02:52 PM
what is your favorite wing place?

-----not really poll compatible

vulturesrow
04-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Really really hot, not breaded, 50-59.

I forget the name of the place I used to freqent when I lived in Pensacola, but it was darn good. Havnet found a particular favorite where I live now.

chaas4747
04-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Gotta go with Buffalo Wild Wings, or The Peanut (local KC place) for my favorite wings.

Edited: Blue Cheese, no ranch.

jaym
04-26-2005, 02:57 PM
For breaded wings, Hooters is my pick. Not many joints sell 'em breaded.

jakethebake
04-26-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm not really a big wings guy but I used to be a regular at Hooters. Cold beer, a big screen with the WSOP on and...well...hooters. What could be better?

Pocket Trips
04-26-2005, 03:04 PM
not breaded hot but not too hot... ugh i hate hooters chicken (but love hooters themselves) best place for wings is either Cluck U chicken or the chicken and rib crib

kerssens
04-26-2005, 03:04 PM
I had Buffalo Wild Wings in STL and it was pretty damn good. Gotta say Wingdome is my favorite.

Beerfund
04-26-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not really a big wings guy but I used to be a regular at Hooters. Cold beer, a big screen with the WSOP on and...well...hooters. What could be better?

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout watching a real freakin sport?

jakethebake
04-26-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout watching a real freakin sport?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...o.k. it was the WSOP on two days a week. And a real sport the rest. It's kinda up to ESPN.

beerbandit
04-26-2005, 03:26 PM
i know i prefer the breaded also

whoever picked 70+ wins eaten, what was the number thats alot of wingers

cheers

Edge34
04-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Really really insanely hot.

Breaded or not doesn't matter.

Personal record: 25. And I felt like [censored] afterwards...

Favorite spot: B-Dubs or Hooters. B-dubs for the wings, Hooters for the, well, hooters. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

vulturesrow
04-26-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i know i prefer the breaded also

whoever picked 70+ wins eaten, what was the number thats alot of wingers

cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a lot, I figured someone would call BS on my 50-59. (FWIW, mine was exactly 50, done at the Hooters in San Diego in the Gas Lamp district)

adamstewart
04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
There's a small semi-franchise chain of stores in Ontario (one in my hometown) called "Wild Wing."

I love it.

They offer 72 different flavours of wings:

"Heat-type" of wings: mild, medium, hot, homicide, suicide, and the 'Wild Wing' (for which you must sign a waiver - I've tried them and they're [censored] hot!).

They hav about 20 "dry" flavours including: dill pickle, salt and vinegar, all dressed, etc. ....these are good too.

They have about 15 types of 'honey-garlic' wings.

Other highlights include: "Home at the Ranch" (wings covered in a mixture of hot sause and ranch)... and "Peppercorn Ranch"... and "Spicey Garlic Parasean".

Man, I'm hungry.....

Adam

beerbandit
04-26-2005, 03:38 PM
i wont, one of my college buddies (very big dude, which i dont think matters)

set the record at hooters -- i think it was in toledo -- with 85, he got his picture taken with the girls and they signed it -- and wrote 85 wingers on it

i guess he went back the next week and the record was already broken

i think ive only managed high 20s, maybe to much beer

cheers

RunDownHouse
04-26-2005, 03:45 PM
Wing Basket has the best wings in Nashville.

I prefer mine medium-hot, not breaded. I've also recently concluded that wings are the greatest food item ever.

Alobar
04-26-2005, 03:52 PM
medium hot, breaded, and my personal record is 50, but I could have done more

tbach24
04-26-2005, 03:58 PM
medium w/ hot sauce on the side. ive eaten 30, 50 buff shrimp and a handful of other things. buff shrimp > buff wings. they had them (wings) here for dinner last night but its passover. breaded is better.

also, for wings:
west ma: hangar
fla: tark's (hollywood)

edit- i could take 70, maybe more, but i prefer shrimp and not bein a glutton (too much anyways)

stabn
04-26-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm fairly certain i've never eaten 10 wings. My record is in the 6-7 range.

Benal
04-26-2005, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a small semi-franchise chain of stores in Ontario (one in my hometown) called "Wild Wing."

[/ QUOTE ]

They're pretty good, but I prefer Hooter's with hot sauce.

The best here in town though are Duff's Famous Wings, on Bayview.

drewjustdrew
04-26-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're pretty good, but I prefer Hooter's with hot sauce.

The best here in town though are Duff's Famous Wings, on Bayview.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that's related to the Duff's in Buffalo? I grew up in Buffalo and my favorites were Duff's and John & Mary's.

For national chains, there is no comparison to Buffalo Wild Wings. Although, Ruby Tuesdays has a surprisingly good hot wing.

I went to wingfest (wingfest.net) in chicago this Winter. Overrated. Nothing above mediocre.

Benal
04-26-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume that's related to the Duff's in Buffalo

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're the same chain.

[ QUOTE ]
I grew up in Buffalo

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel for ya bro.

astroglide
04-26-2005, 04:41 PM
i enjoy 'competition eating' (e.g. the chernobyl wings at candlelight in scarsdale ny) for hot stuff in general, but to taste i prefer just hot.

for places to go, i appreciate CONSISTENCY much more than perfection. i would much rather get a solid B+ wing than one that is sometimes C+, sometimes A. there are a couple of places in st louis that fit that do it best, o.b. clark's and c.j. mugg's. culpepper's is rated the best wing in stl, but they're very hit or miss and i want to be able to enjoy the experience every time i go. if they're not crispy or sauced properly, it's so much more disappointing than something like an average burrito.

i'm not anti-franchise either, but i would suspect anyplace big enough to have a buffalo wild wings will have other, better restaurants for wings.

Sponger15SB
04-26-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm fairly certain i've never eaten 10 wings. My record is in the 6-7 range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tron
04-26-2005, 04:45 PM
Can any of the posters from CO tell me what that little shack of a place in Morrison is? Man, that place is GREAT.

Jules22
04-26-2005, 05:49 PM
really really hot non breaded somewhere in the 40s also does anyone from california know a good wing spot?

sfer
04-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Blondies on the Upper West Side. Good stuff. I know a guy who tried to get a weekend job there so he could swipe their secrets. They didn't hire him.

whiskeytown
04-26-2005, 10:37 PM
there's a chinese place in Minneapolis that has the best mild Chicken Wings (not barbaque, but a spicy kind that rocks) - but I can't get their food at night cause they're Skyway in downtown and they close at 2pm.

I LOVE their wings.

RB