PDA

View Full Version : slowing down fast with AK, monday night at the Taj 15/30

DrGutshot
04-26-2005, 02:48 PM
crossposted from mid/high

Pretty good game last night, here's the lineup of those involved. Fullhanded (maybe 9 handed) at the taj 15/30.

I had been playing pretty tight and had a strong image for those who were paying attention.

UTG "ChookyMcChook" is a plain terrible player. I'd guess his limping standards are any suited, any face, any connector above 56. He has almost never raised preflop. Postflop he is somewhat unpredictable, but basically never raises. A few hands earlier he limped with T5o, bet-called a flopped top two against a preflop raiser, turned his boat and bet-called again, then check called the river.

He limps.

Next to act is a fairly young asian girl "Girl" (no creativity there). She hasn't been at the table for very long, unfortunatly, but from a pure first impression of how she handles herself she seems like a pretty good player (just based on the fact that she was good friends with the other TAG at the table and that she had folded most of her hands in her first orbit). Of course, this is just a preliminary read, so take it for what it's worth.

She limps.

Folded around to the button "Whut?" (he said this all the time at the table) who is unpredictable and terrible. He's not in the hand much postflop so I'll stop describing him there.

He limps.

I'm next to act in the small blind with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and raise.

BB, "OldMan" about as loose as the two other players I have described, but far more passive postflop. He gives me tons of credit. Anyways, he's not in the hand much so I won't bother going into description.

He Calls. ChookyMcChook calls, Girl calls, Whut calls.

Flop" T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, OldMan folds, ChookyMcChook raises, Girl calls, Whut folds, I call.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, ChookyMcChook checks, Girl bets, I call, ChookyMcChook calls.

River T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check planning on calling?

Who check-calls?
Who bet-calls?
Who bet-folds?

Sorry if this isn't all that interesting, I felt strange playing it like this.

-DrG

meep_42
04-26-2005, 02:51 PM
I really want to raise that turn.

-d

DrGutshot
04-26-2005, 03:09 PM
sorry while copy/pasting I didn't realize suits weren't included - they now are, which makes a huge difference.

-DrG

meep_42
04-26-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sorry while copy/pasting I didn't realize suits weren't included - they now are, which makes a huge difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you don't have the A/images/graemlins/club.gif?

I still want to raise that turn, I don't give credit for flopped flushes, especially when the Girl could be semi-bluffing a checked-through turn.

-d

DrGutshot
04-26-2005, 03:17 PM
fixed, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, true except considering how passive ChookyMcChook is from my description, I think I may be behind on the flop a fair amount of the time.

-DrG

chief444
04-26-2005, 03:21 PM
I don't know...seems to me after your pf raise from the blind and flop lead a likely decent/TAG player cold-calling two on this board is a little reason for concern. Since she limped UTG if she's got one club she's probably got two. I don't think she's coldcalling the flop with any PP that she limps with other than maybe 99 or 88 with a club. I guess the best you could hope for is that she's calling with a QJ or even KJ that she limped with. TJ just rivered you. I don't think you're ahead very often. If you do bet I think folding to a raise would be very prudent. I don't think any worse hands bet this river in a protected pot. That's my take anyway.

edit...forgot to include QT and KT in there but obviously either is possible and neither is good for you.

DrGutshot
04-26-2005, 05:59 PM
bump