PDA

View Full Version : Bad beat of the year award goes to...

11-13-2002, 04:21 PM
TruePoker mid stakes. I'm at a full table, dealt AA in early/mid position, and raise preflop. 3 callers including both blinds. Flop comes A 3 4 rainbow. Checked to me, I bet, only bb folds. Turn comes another 4, giving me a full house aces over. Sb checks, I bet, lp calls, sb raises, I reraise, lp folds, sb calls. River comes another 4, putting 3 on the board, and this time sb bets out. I write 'wtf' and just call. Sb turns over 10 4 off. He made his quads on a perfect/perfect turn/river chase, after calling my preflop raise with 10 4 off and then my flop bet with bottom pair.

I've taken some bad beats before, but I think I'm a strong contender for bad beat of the year award. I won't mention SB's name, except to say that if you know what the nickname for Newfoundland is, you can guess...

11-13-2002, 06:00 PM
I've seen a quad As lose to a straight flush 3-7 in the river before. So, you don't get the bad beat of the year award, but that hand is awful, I'm sorry. You'll win in the long run, don't worry, hope that wasn't in the high-limits.

lorinda
11-13-2002, 06:55 PM
Other nominations include:

Taxidriver (depending on your view)
The KGC (they thought noone would ever spot it)
Walter Rea (You know, that Sunrise guy who called us liars)
Ramashiva (His bluff got called by Mason)
Bricktop (45k in 2 hours)
Half of the "winners" in Sunrise freerolls
Anyone who voted Democrats
Phil Helmuth ("If that guy wins WSOP ......")
RGP (Inheriting that guy we dont like)
The tree (see above)

and then there was this classic pot I played last night...blah blah yawn /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Lori

11-14-2002, 11:14 PM
Gee Lorinda... I've read a lot of your posts and have always thought you were pretty cool. All I can say is, ouch! What got under YOUR skin???

lorinda
11-15-2002, 12:44 AM
Wasn't meant to upset ya aces.... Ive been looking for an excuse to post that list for some time :O

Sorry if you took offense, the beat wasn't pretty, I admit it /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

GL

Lori

GrannyMae
11-15-2002, 01:51 AM
Walter Rea (You know, that Sunrise guy who called us liars)

LOL

i forgot about him
he's the chump that got fired as a sacrificial lamb, right??

i bet he is colluding with other disgruntled, ex-employees in some internet cafe in antigua
(or wherever the hell sunrise is)

11-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Who is Walter Rea, and what does he have to do with this thread?

PS: np lor

lorinda
11-16-2002, 05:31 PM
Walter Rea was the Sunrise representative who was unlucky enough to accuse myself and n1stunnor of being "malicious liars" regarding a hand that the software messed up at Sunrise.

His bad beat occured when I went through the hand histories one at a time and proved him wrong.

Sunrise dismissed him from his duties (they say)

Lori