PDA

View Full Version : K-Q o vs. Tight Agressive Player

mce86
04-26-2005, 01:50 PM
I had KQo. The guy to my right was a pretty tight player....played very few hands....showed AK a couple times and pockets....otherwise did not play much.

He led out betting in early position preflop, and I folded figuring him for a hand most likely better or equal to mine. A-K, A-Q or A-J, at worst the same hand I had....

I foldes, choosing to wait for some better action when he was not leading out. Flop came
A - 7- 10...giving him a pair since he bet out again...

Turn was a J which would of given me the nut straight.

I felt I made a good fold.....Did I?

mannika
04-26-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He led out betting in early position preflop, and I folded figuring him for a hand most likely better or equal to mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say "he led out betting", do you mean he open-raised from early position? If so, I'm folding KQo 100% of the time against a tight raiser. If he just called preflop, then I'll probably call as well and put him on a weaker ace or pair of jacks or lower.

Fat Nicky
04-26-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he just called preflop, then I'll probably call as well and put him on a weaker ace or pair of jacks or lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like raising a limper in this spot, unless they are super tight.

SunOfaJack
04-26-2005, 02:12 PM
I think you would get better responses if you make sure you have all the hand details. Ie. was it a raise pre-flop, what positions, other callers, size of pot. You should try to use the hand converter.

If villain raised, fold 100% preflop vs. tight raiser.

Assuming villain limped, I would often call but sometimes raise depending upon how aggressive the villain is post-flop and depending upon my position. The later my position the more likely I am to raise to put pressure on blinds and buy the button.

As for whether you should call the flop, we don't have enough info to answer this.

mce86
04-26-2005, 02:28 PM
He was first to act and just limped in....in hindsight, i should have called since he limped, and folded against a raise. But this guy was super tight!

brettbrettr
04-26-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He was first to act and just limped in....in hindsight, i should have called since he limped, and folded against a raise. But this guy was super tight!

[/ QUOTE ]

raise the limper with this hand.