PDA

View Full Version : First time at chipotles,,, what should i get

cnfuzzd
04-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Im about to head for the driving range and practive my 7 iron half swing and hopefull progress onto the 3/4 swing. After that, im probably going to stop by chipotles for some lunch. I seem to recall that there are several people on here who get a little moist when chipotle is mentioned, so whats the ideal chipotle experience. If neccesary, one margarita is allowed.

peace

john nickle

stabn
04-26-2005, 12:51 PM
What's required?

A better place to eat.

WEASEL45
04-26-2005, 12:51 PM
I always get the soft tacos with 2 steak and one chiken

miajag81
04-26-2005, 12:52 PM
I recommend a barbacoa burrito with pinto beans, mild salsa, sour cream and lettuce...alternatively, steak tacos are also good. In my experience their margaritas suck.

cnfuzzd
04-26-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's required?

A better place to eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, its quick and on the way. Ive been eating a lot of my own quasi healthy food lately, so im sure it will be good regardless. Also, im very very very very very very very tired of bar/grill food, and thats the only other thing around. If i could make it in time for the indian lunch buffet, i would, but i will be at the driving range for awhile.

peace

john nickle

jakethebake
04-26-2005, 01:04 PM
This was posted 14 mins ago and no patrick? WTF?

on_thg
04-26-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If i could make it in time for the indian lunch buffet, i would, but i will be at the driving range for awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your new addiction progresses well, young grasshopper.

I don't know [censored] about Chipotle.

IndieMatty
04-26-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's required?

A better place to eat.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, its quick and on the way. Ive been eating a lot of my own quasi healthy food lately, so im sure it will be good regardless. Also, im very very very very very very very tired of bar/grill food, and thats the only other thing around. If i could make it in time for the indian lunch buffet, i would, but i will be at the driving range for awhile.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

John,

I was a non-believer. These burritos are very good.

Get whatever you like on a burrito. That is the proper response.

MrFeelNothin
04-26-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I recommend a barbacoa burrito with pinto beans, mild salsa, sour cream and lettuce...alternatively, steak tacos are also good. In my experience their margaritas suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be a barbacoa guy. Then I tried the carnitas and I haven't looked back.

miajag81
04-26-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be a barbacoa guy. Then I tried the carnitas and I haven't looked back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carnitas are a sometimes food.

Rick Diesel
04-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Maybe he's two busy being a rocket scientist. That job can probably be demanding once in a while.

J.A.Sucker
04-26-2005, 01:27 PM
Since it's owned by McDonald's, you should get horrible abdominal cramping, followed by the shiTs. This seems to be the appropriate experience. Get some real Mexican food.

stabn
04-26-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he's two busy being a rocket scientist. That job can probably be demanding once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i'm sure you are correct.... Link. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2242047&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

astroglide
04-26-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since it's owned by McDonald's

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not a chipotle fan/apologist, but this line of reasoning is retarded. if mcdonald's bought apple, would ipods suddenly make us gain weight?

http://www.fastcompany.com/fast50_04/winners/ells.html

Chipotle structured the agreement so that McDonald's would essentially become the 'banker' without changing recipes, ingredients or culture

Raiser
04-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Get a carnita fajita burrito. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

stabn
04-26-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since it's owned by McDonald's

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not a chipotle fan/apologist, but this line of reasoning is retarded. if mcdonald's bought apple, would ipods suddenly make us gain weight?

http://www.fastcompany.com/fast50_04/winners/ells.html

Chipotle structured the agreement so that McDonald's would essentially become the 'banker' without changing recipes, ingredients or culture

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be, but the quality of their meat and produce is on par with mcdonalds.

tpir90036
04-26-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Get a carnita fajita burrito.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shajen
04-26-2005, 03:23 PM
results?

thegrammarnazi
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he's two busy being a rocket scientist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's too busy being a rocket scientist.

cnfuzzd
04-26-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
results?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, im doing ok with my shorter irons, but anything longer than a five is still giving me trouble. Just to reward myself, and ingrain some bad habits, i hit a little with my driver. While my drives are certainly better, i still need some swing improvement. (Perhaps tomorrow) I also am unsure about my swing plane being straight. Apparently, the swing needs to come from the outside right shoulder, in towards the ball, then backout towards the left shouler in a sort of arcing motion. I think my swing is somewhat erratic. More stuff to work on. I did however hit some really nice shots that felt good, and hit on the green at around 170 yards with a 5iron, which may or may not be good. Its also difficult to practice setting up to the ball properly at a driving range, but i seemed to be fairly on target. Im still addicted.

Oh, and i had a carnitas burrito, it was ok. Im not writing home about it though.

peace

john nickle

Edge34
04-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Next time:

Steak Fajita Burrito:

Meat
Veggies
Corn and some of the green chile salsa
Cheese
Sour Cream

I've also never had a bad experience with the chicken. Go for it.

Phoenix1010
04-26-2005, 04:22 PM
Four burritos.

___SK___
04-26-2005, 04:36 PM
long time reader, first time poster. what better way to spend my first post on my one and only (yes, i am going there) adventure to chipotles.

so after hearing about the hype i decided to venture over to the newest restaurant to my area. being that i am hispanic and from texas, now living in seattle, i am thrilled at the idea of a new "fast food" mexican restaurant being so close. so i get there to discover its the subway of burrito shops. Now i am not a fan of everything wrapped in a torilla burritos. so right off the bat i am not liking this place. so i opt for the single tacos only to discover that its gonna take 5 people to make my tacos. one for the torillas, one for my meat errrr the meat, another for the lettuce (i think thats what came next), and another for the sauce. yes i know thats only 4 but hold up. so at this point i am overly annoyed, so i opted for the hot stuff, my biggest mistake. ultimately theres another person there to wrap my tacos and probably someone else to ring me up. so i venture home knowing that i am not gonna like this place. i eat my tacos and discover that the hot sauce is hot. never in my life have i ever experienced "fire ass" but on this occassion, OMG!! i honestly could not sit down, talk about a burning ring of fire. so that was my adventure to chipotles, oh and the barbacoa, i am guessing was just regular pork, not the real stuff (pig head) that i am used to.

jakethebake
04-26-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
long time reader, first time poster. what better way to spend my first post on my one and only (yes, i am going there) adventure to chipotles.

so after hearing about the hype i decided to venture over to the newest restaurant to my area. being that i am hispanic and from texas, now living in seattle, i am thrilled at the idea of a new "fast food" mexican restaurant being so close. so i get there to discover its the subway of burrito shops. Now i am not a fan of everything wrapped in a torilla burritos. so right off the bat i am not liking this place. so i opt for the single tacos only to discover that its gonna take 5 people to make my tacos. one for the torillas, one for my meat errrr the meat, another for the lettuce (i think thats what came next), and another for the sauce. yes i know thats only 4 but hold up. so at this point i am overly annoyed, so i opted for the hot stuff, my biggest mistake. ultimately theres another person there to wrap my tacos and probably someone else to ring me up. so i venture home knowing that i am not gonna like this place. i eat my tacos and discover that the hot sauce is hot. never in my life have i ever experienced "fire ass" but on this occassion, OMG!! i honestly could not sit down, talk about a burning ring of fire. so that was my adventure to chipotles, oh and the barbacoa, i am guessing was just regular pork, not the real stuff (pig head) that i am used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmm......Real Barbacoa. On a completely different note, Mmmmmmm...Taco Cabana.

___SK___
04-26-2005, 04:50 PM
thats EXACTLY what i am talking about. dont get me started!!

jakethebake
04-26-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thats EXACTLY what i am talking about. dont get me started!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My uncle had a construction company in the Valley when I was growing up. I remember working with them summers. All Mexican labor. Whenever we'd finish a big job, they'd dig a hole right there at the jobsite. Fill it with coals and toss a pig or cow head in there, cover it up and cook it awhile while we all drank a shitload of Budweiser. Then we'd eat the greasiest barbacoa tacos ever. Good times.

Dead
04-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Cheap Mexican labor is very +EV. And they do the best job of anyone. Those workers work hard. I've seen them. They bust their asses. Same with the people who work hard to get me lettuce heads for $1.20.

Sorry to drag the thread off topic.

___SK___
04-26-2005, 05:00 PM
yea back on topic........food. i miss texas bbq too!!!

jakethebake
04-26-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yea back on topic........food. i miss texas bbq too!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My dad had a BBQ place in Richmond, TX called Firpo's. I may be biased but it was the best I ever had. There's a place down in Fulschear called Dozier;s that's real good. And of course The Salt Lick.