PDA

View Full Version : Which is more likely?

Am Alert
11-13-2002, 03:08 PM
CRIS knew and did nothing

or

The scammers have done this elsewhere repeatedly and did not get caught?

Taxidriver
11-13-2002, 03:11 PM

programmer
11-13-2002, 03:34 PM
Taxi edit the poll and add a third option
"both"

I want to select it /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Taxidriver
11-13-2002, 03:36 PM
Because this post has a poll in it, you may delete it but not edit it. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Am Alert
11-13-2002, 03:44 PM
and has something close to 60,000 active accounts.

Which is more likely?

MS Sunshine
11-13-2002, 04:03 PM
CRIS may do all this business, but it is not in the poker room. Maybe CRIS management is unaware of what happens in the poker room, except what the poker room manager tells them.

Once we get most of this story lets post to rec.gambling.sports, and other sports forums, ARC's first post here and Taxidriver's version. Lets see if the sports bettors like the idea of losing all the money in their accounts if they break any rules in the gray area.

MS Sunshine

11-13-2002, 04:27 PM
Considering that it is a crime to play internet poker, I think that losing all his money is a slap on the wrist. He should be jailed at hard labor for 2 years with no time off for good behavior. With the religious right now totally in control of the US Government, this is not an unlikely outcome. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Am Alert
11-13-2002, 04:38 PM
MS so you will not stop standing up for the crooks,

as you know I come from the sports boards, you're not going to get much sympathy as sportsbettors are getting fed up with the scammers costing them bonuses and other perks as well.

And trust me CRIS mgmt is more than aware of what's going on.

Plus, my point was not how much business CRIS does, but to point out the fact that the scammers are more likely to have scammed b4 than CRIS was to realize the problem earlier than they took action.

lorinda
11-13-2002, 05:01 PM
I love this occasional annonymous "It's a crime" guy.

Not only has he never posted any reasoning, but he's now telling us that it is a crime to play in Norway too!!

Thankyou Crime Troll, you've made me laugh again

Lori

n1stunnor
11-13-2002, 06:08 PM
Gray area?WRONG....Could'nt be more black and white!!!But you would'nt know that since you have probably never played there.I did/do,A LOT.During the past 6 months i've had over 15,000 promo hands to work off and i was playing there almost 24/7 /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif MS, it's not very hard to get promo bucks and chipdump the promo hands to your other account or a friends and cash out.

MS Sunshine
11-13-2002, 09:12 PM
I have stated I have never played there. Is that a must to have a say on what is right and what is wrong?

All we have here is that two sides presented their positions in posts on this forum. From that, I think the site taking $5,500 from a player for breaking the rules and for possible bonus abuse, which the other side says is not true. I guessed at $1600, you I believe said $2000, he played and won $3500-4000 and he bought in for $600. So, he didn't get his BR from growing stolen bonus-bucks. He bought in and won, which the site is going to take from him, along with what it thinks he tried to defraud them out of. This is why the victim doesn't give out the sentence in a court of law.

One side has trouble with english, which can be seen from posts here and the chat which was posted by the site. From what I've read, is he broke the rules, which at least one ARC employee was aware of, at the time, he didn't cheat ANY player, both sides agree to this, and ACR is taking all his money above a disputed amount which they failed to name.

Yes, this stinks, but the greater stink is the poker site, ACR, keeping money that is not theirs.

MS Sunshine

Juggler
11-15-2002, 12:54 AM
I've been out of town and fell behind,but just read the 800 posts in the past 3 days on this subject, and there's something nobody has mentioned which amazes me.

Taxidriver and several anonymous friends continue to call Torstyn a liar, and claim that everything he has put out is a lie. However, if I'm not mistaken, taxi has said more than once that there were $0 that were promo bucks. He didn't say that the $2000 being bantered around was too high, he said $0!

So tell me...how exactly do you deposit money to a site under multiple accounts (he has admitted using at least 3), winning money, and having $0 in bonus bucks? To my knowledge, they're added automatically when you buy in, and stay there until you cash out or lose. He had cash in all 3 accounts when he started paying his buddy off, which would (in my mind) include bonus bucks. In fact, unless he worked out a special deal with ACR in advance where he asked them to please not include him in the bonus program, that part of this HAD to be bonus $$ (even if only $10 worth).

If you ignore everything else (which makes taxi look bad to me), this fact alone says that he is lying to us on at least one issue, and makes me believe on more.

lorinda
11-15-2002, 01:08 AM
I believe the buyin bonus is 200 hands of any sort, not 200 raked hands a la promo bux.

Also, I went through the Pokerxtreme rankings (which accounts for around 30-50% of freerolls, and could find no mention of odds and the gang, at least in the points where they would have won money.

Lori