PDA

View Full Version : AA hand

betgo
04-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Live 1/2 NL game. Second position raises to 10. I reraise to 35 in fourth position with AA. Second position calls. Flop is T85 with a two-flush. Second position checks, I bet 60 and win the pot.

I guess this is kind of standard, but I usually try to trap more with AA. I was wondering if I get full value. The way I played it was fairly safe, as I minimized the chance of losing a big pot or having to fold later on.

I think I pretty much had to bet strongly on the flop with the possible draws.

I could have flat called preflop, but it was probably there would have been about 1-3 more callers and it probable wouldn't have been reraised. As loose as the play is, I wasn't crazy about playing an overpair multiway. Of course if someone did reraise, I could probably make it a really big pot.

I could have made a smaller reraise, but I wasn't crazy about letting everyone know I probably had JJ-AA and at the same time letting them in fairly cheaply.

Ghazban
04-26-2005, 11:27 AM
If you are only reraising with AA, this will happen a lot and, when you get called on the flop, you will be behind. If you want more action when you reraise aces, you need to reraise other hands as well. If they never get to showdown, nobody needs to know they weren't all aces.....