PDA

View Full Version : Blind steal (against resteal) against a LAG

krishanleong
04-26-2005, 07:02 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.20 BB

BB is very agressive preflop. He is a 33/22 over 200 hands. I figure waiting until the turn would charge him the most if he was pushing a big flush draw. I didn't much enjoy getting 3-bet. I called down since it was a blind battle and I think I'm ahead more than 1/5. I think the wait till turn plan is correct. Insight welcome.

Krishan

Fabian
04-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Before I read your thoughts under the hand history I thought the discussion would be about just calling or capping the turn.

I think folding is very out of the question here.

krishanleong
04-26-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Before I read your thoughts under the hand history I thought the discussion would be about just calling or capping the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think capping is aweful.

Krishan

Roy6
04-26-2005, 09:14 AM
BB might well have A /images/graemlins/spade.gif so he has a flush+straight draw on the turn, so I call down.

krishanleong
04-26-2005, 09:14 AM
Do you wait until the turn to raise or raise the flop?

Krishan

chief444
04-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Krishan,

I'd play this the same. Just curious if a 4th spade falls on the turn (assuming a spade smaller than T) do you call down or still raise but fold to a 3-bet?

Chief

krishanleong
04-26-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Krishan,

I'd play this the same. Just curious if a 4th spade falls on the turn (assuming a spade smaller than T) do you call down or still raise but fold to a 3-bet?

Chief

[/ QUOTE ]

I call down. I think he'll be bluffing a high % enough time.

Raising the turn may have merits. He'll probably fold a han d I beat (but that hand will have a ton of outs so maybe him folding it isn't bad)

Krishan

Roy6
04-26-2005, 09:26 AM
I play it the same way.
Are you committed to showdown?
Calling the flop and raising a safe turn enables you to muck if the turn is a /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I'm not sure if I'd raise the turn if it was a non- /images/graemlins/spade.gif A though.

chief444
04-26-2005, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising the turn may have merits. He'll probably fold a han d I beat (but that hand will have a ton of outs so maybe him folding it isn't bad)

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my thought. At the same time showing down the hand would be good and I really don't like folding to a 3-bet although I would expect it's legit almost always. Thanks.

Fabian
04-26-2005, 09:26 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I might agree on that, but I think folding the turn is aweful.

krishanleong
04-26-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I might agree on that, but I think folding the turn is aweful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree folding the turn is also aweful.

Krishan