PDA

View Full Version : 10+1 PARTY SIT AND GO

Malachii
04-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Third hand, Hero (785)has JJ in SB.

Three limpers, MP3 raises to 175. Hero's move?

Blarg
04-26-2005, 06:01 AM
Easy fold for me. Alternatives are either a call or a raise, which at this level of chip commitment might as well be an all-in.

Your call doesn't close the action, either, so if you call, there's at least a small possibility of being reraised by the big blind. You may be beat already, and any Ace, king, or queen on the flop could easily beat you, too. Not to mention you'd still have the turn and river to worry about. All this against possibly two opponents.

Your raise faces the same problem of not guaranteeing isolation, and basically is going to wind up committing all your chips to the pot. One or both or all three of you are probably going to bet on the flop almost no matter what hits, as the money is too big to just check it down. If that happens when an overcard hits the boards, you're going to be crying or folding.

You will have better opportunities later. A pair of jacks isn't all that great.

rickr
04-26-2005, 07:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold for me. Alternatives are either a call or a raise,

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't help but be a smart A**, but when I first started reading, it was a "Duh, what else is there". /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nice explanation later though.

Later,
Rick

multifast1
04-26-2005, 12:44 PM
I like you explaination Blarg and tend to agree BUT my experience in Party SNG's is that kind of raise (about 10x BB) early ina tourney from MP screams of trying to protect a low to middle pair. I don't see a QQ KK AA or even A-K/Q/J making that size of raise from there pre-flop. I got a HUGE hunch the raiser is dominated by JJ... I just might push here. Any thoughts?

PocketJokers
04-26-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like you explaination Blarg and tend to agree BUT my experience in Party SNG's is that kind of raise (about 10x BB) early ina tourney from MP screams of trying to protect a low to middle pair. I don't see a QQ KK AA or even A-K/Q/J making that size of raise from there pre-flop. I got a HUGE hunch the raiser is dominated by JJ... I just might push here. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that a raise like this just screams something like TT, but given that its only the third hand, I'd consider the possibility that the player, is decent and is making a large raise to protect a higher pair like QQ. I'd fold this one but keep an eye for the opportunity to isolate this guy down the road if he really is a donk.