PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Get Involved With Idiots

sthief
04-26-2005, 03:09 AM
UTG is a postflop maniac who si very loose and pretty aggressive preflop (70/17)
SB is slightly loose and very passive
BB is solidly loose and passive

UTG limps, I have J9o on the button. I don't like raising because initiative means little against a maniac and my hand blows. I don't like folding because he plays so bad. So I call. this is good, right?

Alobar
04-26-2005, 03:11 AM
yeah, I like a call.

zokbarjazz
04-26-2005, 03:15 AM
I play it the same

Nate tha' Great
04-26-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG is a postflop maniac who si very loose and pretty aggressive preflop (70/17)
SB is slightly loose and very passive
BB is solidly loose and passive

UTG limps, I have J9o on the button. I don't like raising because initiative means little against a maniac and my hand blows. I don't like folding because he plays so bad. So I call. this is good, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I limped on the Button after four others with T9o the other night and felt really dirty. Good lord was I happy that I didn't catch some piece of the flop.

climber
04-26-2005, 03:48 AM
I like a call against these guys--it has to be +EV given you can play postflop.

To add in some results driven fish logic...earlier today i was in this situation and folded--the flop came J92 rainbow.

imitation
04-26-2005, 04:14 AM
Ehh pretty run of the mill limp, however I like to raise it up occasionally. UTG is LAG preflop, if he's limping in this time he's likely holding extreme garbage. A raise is ok for value I think. It can make the hand somewhat more difficult postflop, depending on how often UTG is showing down and how many callers you get from the blinds of course.