PDA

View Full Version : $22: Good spot for a stop-and-go?

spentrent
04-26-2005, 03:02 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t2280)
MP (t800)
CO (t1665)
Button (t1140)
SB (t1490)
Hero (t625)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls t100, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t250) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero is all-een.

willie
04-26-2005, 03:06 AM
christ no way.....

there are a few easier and less risky spots to steal chips coming up in 2 hands, why not wait for the button- or push any 2 if folded to you in the sb....

i really don't like this push....

spentrent
04-26-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
christ no way.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The name's Owen. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
there are a few easier and less risky spots to steal chips coming up in 2 hands, why not wait for the button- or push any 2 if folded to you in the sb....

i really don't like this push....

[/ QUOTE ]

Does villain really want to call off a third of his stack with a limp-worthy hand that hit this flop?

willie
04-26-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Does villain really want to call off a third of his stack with a limp-worthy hand that hit this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know, i didn't play the tourney- was he likely to make this call?

your line of reasoning is pretty nice, but i still think i wait to pick up a better situation than this one

it's a sweet play, but if you're called fahgeddaboudit.

Newt_Buggs
04-26-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
chances are, if hes an average $22 player you are already analzing this more than he is. There's no way hes droping an ace here. Is there a worse flop that you could do this on? Theres two faces that he could easily have, a flush draw you don't have a part of, and zero outs (except for a backdoor flush draw which on its own is useless).

spentrent
04-26-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know, i didn't play the tourney- was he likely to make this call?

your line of reasoning is pretty nice, but i still think i wait to pick up a better situation than this one

[/ QUOTE ]

Would a preflop push have been a better move? I have a problem with shortstack desperation. In this case, the preflop limp puts 250 in the pot, and I'm the shortstack with 565.

I'm thinking I might get a call by Ax|KJ+ -- but poignantly 66+ -- if I push preflop. If I give this limper the chance to get scared by the flop, then I might take the money.

Also, the next level was right around the corner: I failed to mention that, which made me feel that my future fold equity was very slim.

Should I be more willing to hang around with ~5.5 BBs at the 6-handed point of the tourney, or do I need to make a move ASAP to avoid blind death?

spentrent
04-26-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
chances are, if hes an average $22 player you are already analzing this more than he is. There's no way hes droping an ace here. Is there a worse flop that you could do this on? Theres two faces that he could easily have, a flush draw you don't have a part of, and zero outs (except for a backdoor flush draw which on its own is useless).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow those are great points that I ignored in the heat of the moment.

However, I tend to give the players a little more credit when the game becomes 6-handed. This could be a mistake.

Bigwig
04-26-2005, 04:55 AM
No.