PDA

View Full Version : Why is the 2+2 Website So Plain?

x2ski
04-26-2005, 02:36 AM
No offense, but the interface sure is ugly. Has anyone come up with suggestions to improve it? Better layout, better look, etc.

Just curious

Tron
04-26-2005, 02:37 AM
It works, doesn't it?

tdarko
04-26-2005, 02:38 AM
i like it since i am mildly retarded and i need technology to be as basic as possible.

BusterStacks
04-26-2005, 02:38 AM
dude you know you can change it, right? Go into your display prefs and check out the color schemes, it makes it a LOT better.

x2ski
04-26-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It works, doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Works great... and for that I'm thankful.

x2ski
04-26-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dude you know you can change it, right? Go into your display prefs and check out the color schemes, it makes it a LOT better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... I know, but c'mon

mason55
04-26-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but the interface sure is ugly. Has anyone come up with suggestions to improve it? Better layout, better look, etc.

Just curious

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a very simple solution.

Start your own publishing company, release better books, start your own website, and then you can design it.

There are many better designed poker websites. I'm sure they'd love to have you. It's very easy to change the colors here if you don't like it. Personally, it doesn't bother me because it's very unique and I'm not here for aesthetics.

x2ski
04-26-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just curious

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a very simple solution.

Start your own publishing company, release better books, start your own website, and then you can design it.

There are many better designed poker websites. I'm sure they'd love to have you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally ignore this thread then. I wasn't trying to get folks all belligerent... It is obvious that it wouldn't take too much effort to make the site more appealing.

The information itself is golden, don't get me wrong.

edit: In addition, I think it would be cool if there was some sort of 2+2.com webdesign contest, in which people who are good at that sort of thing could submit a new 2+2 interface for consideration. Kind of like the book cover contest.

I suck at web design, so don't think I'm just looking out for my own best interests. Just a thought.

bennyk
04-26-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Just curious

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll take this interface over more slowdowns any day of the week. i'm more interested in getting to the forums quickly.

at first i didn't care too much for the new bar thing on the left but now i use it all the time.
bk

mason55
04-26-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Totally ignore this thread then. I wasn't trying to get folks all belligerent... It is obvious that it wouldn't take too much effort to make the site more appealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible. Can't ignore any threads. And the belligerence is due to alcohol, not you, don't worry.

I guess I'm just used to 2+2's interface. Truthfully, I think teh colors are ugly but the interface is perfect. And since the colors can be changed I don't really see what the problem is.

x2ski
04-26-2005, 03:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible. Can't ignore any threads. And the belligerence is due to alcohol, not you, don't worry.

I guess I'm just used to 2+2's interface. Truthfully, I think teh colors are ugly but the interface is perfect. And since the colors can be changed I don't really see what the problem is.

[/ QUOTE ]

<-------------- Drunk too... Just pulled this one outta me, feel free to push it back in /images/graemlins/cool.gif