PDA

View Full Version : Heineken DARK

mason55
04-26-2005, 02:19 AM
Ok, Heineken is not a good beer for the price. This much has been established numerous times. If you disagree, kill yourself, or at least don't respond to me.

Now, who has had Heineken Special Dark? It's not very common, but it is one of my favorite "desert" beers. It has a very strong caramel flavor and not much in the way of hops making it quite a pleasing beer to drink at the end of a meal. Anyone else have opinions on this beer? Everyone I know that has tried it loves it and I'm interested to see who else has had it. I've only found it 2 places: a getto 7-11 in downtown Rochester NY next to my old house and the Fairfax Wegman's.

bennyk
04-26-2005, 02:37 AM
I get it at the corner sto occasionally.

It's good for a change of pace, but it didn't change my life.

bk

mason55
04-26-2005, 02:55 AM
If any beer has changed your life I think you need to rearrange your priorities.

I was just wondering if I could get some other opinions because I know this board is full of Heineken haters (i am one of them).

bennyk
04-26-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If any beer has changed your life I think you need to rearrange your priorities.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'll look into that.

i'm not exactly a heineken hater, but it's certainly a below-average choice for me. the special dark is average, or just above average, if that makes sense.

my beer choices are pretty dependent on the situation, so something like heineken (regular) would only ever be an option if it was really hot outside or something, but i think the special dark is good over the winter, or if you're not planning on drinking a lot.

so yes, i like it OK but it's not among my favorites.

bk

mason55
04-26-2005, 03:05 AM
i was just kidding about that changing your priorities thing BTW. every beer i drink changes my life. as in, it gets me drunker /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

and i'm bored and drinking heineken special dark so i figured i'd post about it since i have never heard anyone talk about it.

i think i'm just going to finish the rest of my sierra nevada pale ale now though. one special dark is enough for anight.

Skjonne
04-26-2005, 03:54 AM
I haven't tried Heineken Dark, so I have nothing to say about it /images/graemlins/cool.gif but please keep mentioning interesting beers you're tasting. We're having way too few beer discusions.

purnell
04-26-2005, 03:58 AM
I like beer. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

edit: But seriously, it's a fashion thing, like any commodity. If I think my date will be impressed, then sure, gimme the best beer ya got (though Maker's on the rocks is better if I'm allowed to get drunk). Otherwise the draft special is fine.

JPinAZ
04-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Let's see...
I had a bottle of the 2005 Stone Old Guardian barleywine the other night. A good assault of lots of male & lots of hops on my taste buds.
Bought a six pack of Flying Dog Snakedog IPA. I've had a few of their other beers (Dogtoberfest, the pale ale, & their 10th? anniversary double pale ale.) The IPA is very good.
Also had a bottle of Tabernash's anniversary Rye Bock a week ago or so. Very pleasant maltiness from the rye, but for a beer with rye malt I'd prefer Bear Republic's Hop Rod Rye or a batch of homebrew using Denny Conn's recipe. (do a google search or PM me if you'd like it)