PDA

View Full Version : Hold'em Challenge - Part 3 (Reality Bites)

RobCee
11-13-2002, 10:18 AM
It had to happen, after two posts detailing my rise and rise on the challenge ladder I finally hit a snake and end up right back where I started, well almost I'm currently up $0.75 but have decided to drop back down to the $0.50/$1.00 tables.
I was surprised by the differnce in the games at $1/2 when compared to the $0.50/$1 tables. First off I expected to see some of the same players at both limits but 97% of the $1/2 players I hadn't seen before, I also expected the style of games to be the same but the loose passive of the lower limit was replaced by loose aggressive at $1/2. Is this the way things are or is the difference down to me playing $0.50/$1.00 during the week and moving up to $1/2 at the weekend?
Having gone through the hand histories I feel the main reason for the sudden dramatic drop of $54 from my peak of $94 in 6 hours was the combination of aggressive tables and the fact that my big hands were being out drawn whilst my drawing hands were just not hitting. There's also the smalll matter that I'd loosened up my starting hand requirements without realising and was finding myself calling to the end with average hands because the pots were so big, basically my play sucked.
Lessons learned are that with such a limited banroll of 40BB at each level, loose aggressive tables are going to bust you out so table selection is going to be more important than normal. Also I need to play well all the time since mistakes are magnified with such a limited bankroll.

Till next time, and at my current losing rate that could well be the last time.

whiskeytown
11-13-2002, 01:08 PM
yeah...after grinding thru the .50/1.00 levels I was surprised at how easily the $1/2 and $2/4 levels were...I didn't take a serious beating till I got to $3/6

but I haven't done the challenge for awhile now...tired of Paradise...I could do it on PS but game selection there is poorer.

RB