PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Hotels

Unparagoned
04-26-2005, 02:17 AM
Alright, here's the deal, some friends and myself are looking into putting together a Vegas trip towards the end of May. Since I know probably a large number of people on this forum have themselves visited Vegas on occasion or are knowledgable about these things, I thought I might ask for suggestions about where we should stay. There will be 6-8 and we are interested in the combination of both price and quality (i.e. let me have my cake and eat it too). So, if anyone could suggest a reasonable place to stay that isn't going to bankrupt a group of college students, that'd be swell (yes, I said swell!).

Thanks!

Trainwreck
04-26-2005, 08:47 AM
You flying or driving there?

If flying, go Tropicana to stay, right in the area you will likely want for reasonable poker. It has a small poker room, popular Excalibur and MGM within easy walk or crawl.

If you have wheels then downtown joints will save you a ton on room rates, such as:
Four Queens, Lady Luck, Las Vegas Club, or The Plaza, plus The Plaza has 4 daily tournaments down there that aren't too unreasonable and reasonably cheap eats all over the place down there.

I never cared much about my room quality during visits and stayed downtown and Tropicana, and it's not like you will be living with roaches at any of these.

>TW<