PDA

View Full Version : QQ wa/wb (Big Pot)

Absolute
04-26-2005, 02:01 AM
No HH for the site.
2/4 Hold'em. I will try to make it look as clean as possible.

I don't like the way I played this hand, but I would like to get suggestions on better lines for each street.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Qc, Qs.
3 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, MP1 caps, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 9c, 6h, Ah (4 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, CO folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 8c (3 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

River: (12 BB) 8d (2 players)
Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

In hindsight, I think the best line to take might have been
c/c-c/r-b/f

thoughts?

wrto4556
04-26-2005, 02:07 AM
The more I thought about this the more interesting it got.

Folding anywhere without good indication of being beat is bad.

I like the c/c-c/r-b/f line because if you can fold out a weak ace often enough you can take down a monster pot.

I kinda like the c/c-c/c-b/f line, too but I feel that we need to be more aggressive in this big pot to fold out any weak aces or maybe KK (which doesn't have to happen very much).

I suck, though so i'd like to hear what everyone has to say about this one.

KDawgCometh
04-26-2005, 02:19 AM
is it also worth just calling it down in general by playing a wa/wb line the whole way?

wrto4556
04-26-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is it also worth just calling it down in general by playing a wa/wb line the whole way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think we should be aggressive. We don't have to make a better hand fold much.

What do you think about check/raising the flop?

KDawgCometh
04-26-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think we should be aggressive. We don't have to make a better hand fold much.

[/ QUOTE ]

true. but with the flush draw out there it might be possible for someone to threebet it, thus forcinbg us to fold, if one of the villians is that type of player. In which case we then just folded the best hand in a bg pot

wrto4556
04-26-2005, 02:41 AM
good point.

So that rules out a b/f and c/r on the flop. So, flop=c/c.

On the turn should we pull a stop and and fold to a raise or should we let JJ keep betting? Well, we might fold out a weak ace or KK by check/raising the turn forcing the OPP in the middle to call two cold or with a river bet.

I feel like a LAG check/raising this turn...do you think we get a better hand to fold enough or should we just pull the c-c-b line?

im really torn between c/c-c/c-b/f and c/c-c/r-b/f and im not even sure if those are right. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Absolute
04-26-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me ask, do you fold when it is three-bet to you if you check/raise this flop?

wrto4556
04-26-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Let me ask, do you fold when it is three-bet to you if you check/raise this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're priced in to pray for a Q on the turn.

wrto4556
04-26-2005, 03:50 AM
bump

Bizot
04-26-2005, 04:05 AM
I'm betting this flop out, if I am raised I call and check/fold the turn here unimproved. But I'm really working on not going to the showdown an obseenly high # of times lately...

Also what could you see him cold calling with? AJ AQ? PP? I think betting the flop is right to tell us really where we stand here. C/R will just scare an Ax into calling down here.

blatz
04-26-2005, 04:17 AM
MP2 calling all raises preflop and then betting the flop can't bode too well. All that cc'ing, he prolly has an ace/good kicker.
I don't mind a simple call on the flop as a raise won't clear either of them out, followed by a bet/fold on the turn...Most 2/4 players wouldn't be raising a flush draw on there, so I'd take raise to mean something.

Bizot
04-26-2005, 01:37 PM
why wait till the turn can't the flop tell us whats going on also here? Seems kind of a waste of a BB on the turn here you could scare the A into calling then its 2 BB you lose instead of just using a small bet to figure it out?