PDA

View Full Version : Help me with these horribly played hands.

Grisgra
04-26-2005, 01:47 AM
After hands like these I figure I should just go back to 1/2.

No profound reads or stats (if I had those, I wouldn't have been so obviously confused) -- assume relatively aggresive opponents in all cases. No loose passives here.

-------------
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: "Hero" is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, "Hero" calls.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
"Hero" checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">"Hero" raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, "Hero" calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
"Hero" checks, CO checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
"Hero" checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, "Hero" folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
-----------------------
Ugh.
Anyone put ANY more money in after the flop gets called?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: "Hero" is SB with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">"Hero" raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">"Hero" bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">"Hero" . . . ???? </font>
-----------------
Anyone put ANY more money in after the flop gets called?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: "Hero" is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">"Hero" raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">"Hero" bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
"Hero" checks, UTG checks, Button checks.

River: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
"Hero" checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, "Hero" calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
-------------------

rory
04-26-2005, 02:34 AM
I don't raise the flop in hand #1. I check fold the turn in hand #2. I fold the river in hand #3.

imitation
04-26-2005, 02:43 AM
Hand 1: I see no reason for the flop CR, infact I would probably just call this hand down (yes i mean the river unimproved “somtimes").

Hand 2: I'd fire again, i can't remember how apt this advice is for 10/20 because i have not played it for a couple of months.

Hand 3&amp;#65306; I feel a sandbaggen, but i'd still call on the end in that BTNs call means he's unlikely to have an A and you are ending the actions so I think it's ok.

Grisgra
04-26-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't raise the flop in hand #1. I check fold the turn in hand #2. I fold the river in hand #3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these are probably the proper plays, but obviously, in Hand #1 I thought I could chase him away, hand #2, tons and tons of people call flops with nothing but a naked ace, if that, and Hand #3, the turn check looks pretty odd and the chance that someone has a queen has just gone down.

That doesn't make my plays right, obviously, but I really am amazed at the hands people will call the flop with. I've seen people call with J2o on a KK5 flop after I've raised preflop. Just freakin' bizarre.

threepines
04-26-2005, 04:26 PM
I don't think that you played horribly.

Hand 1: I like the raise. There are many hands that your opponent will lay down, giving you the chance of winning the pot without making a hand at the cost of perhaps 1-2 sb.

Hand 2: I fire again, just as you probably did.

Hand 3: I call the river.

Maybe this is why my BB/100 isn't 3.

Danenania
04-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Hand 1 I probably wouldn't c/r the flop against an unknown. I'd also consider calling the river.

Hand 2 I would usually bet the turn.

Hand 3 I think I bet the river.

Michael Davis
04-26-2005, 05:23 PM
I think check-calling in hand two is viable especially if you're folding every time to a raise.

-Michael

wuarhg
04-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Hand 1: Looks pretty ok to me, although I do not usually CR the flop.
Hand 2: I check-fold the turn and remember to checkraise him later with a stronger hand.
Hand 3: I'm lost in this one without reads, maybe bet turn and fold to a raise?

jquattro
04-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Hand 1: I don't call the preflop raise with k8o, however looking at everyone else's responses, I assume I should be. Though I'd only think about it against high pfr players.
Hand 2: I always bet the turn here, and if called, I'd bet against loose passives, check/call LAGs and check/fold tight players.
Hand 3: I bet turn and fold to a raise, then check/fold if called.

Some answers may change depending on the players stats in each hand.

wuarhg
04-26-2005, 06:04 PM
I think the preflop call is pretty easy in Hand 1 since CO can be raising any two if he's decent.

Danenania
04-26-2005, 06:15 PM
What does everyone think of my calling the river idea in Hand 1 and my betting the river idea in Hand 3?

Grisgra
04-26-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does everyone think of my calling the river idea in Hand 1 and my betting the river idea in Hand 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was very close to calling the river in Hand #1 in case I picked off a missed flush draw.

Hand #3, I think folding after the overcall is probably best. I don't think much calls me if I bet out, frankly, but calling a bet might be okay assuming something like a random king bets and a small pocket or pair of tens calls.

Pretty tough, that's why I posted 'em!