PDA

View Full Version : Another 99 hand

dfscott
04-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Am I a nut to make this call with no read?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t480)
MP2 (t1125)
CO (t605)
Button (t2705)
SB (t470)
BB (t910)
UTG (t1075)
Hero (t630)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t50, MP1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB rasies to t470 (All-in), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero raises to t580 (All-in), MP1 folds.

holeplug
04-26-2005, 12:12 AM
This looks like one of those your either a little ahead (overs) or way behind (PP &gt; 9). Of course he could be a LAG with 33.

johnnybeef
04-26-2005, 12:17 AM
your first mistake is that you even played this hand. with your stack size you should be playing extremely tight as you are going to need those chips to produce some fold equity here in a little bit. think about it for a minute...what hands are you a favorite against? as far as your call on the flop you are getting 1:1 with a hand that you are either a coinflip or way behind many more times then you are ahead.
fold preflop and save those chips for later when either the blinds or your edge is bigger.

dfscott
04-26-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This looks like one of those your either a little ahead (overs) or way behind (PP &gt; 9). Of course he could be a LAG with 33.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not being results-oriented, but you're being way too generous.

dfscott
04-26-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
your first mistake is that you even played this hand. with your stack size you should be playing extremely tight as you are going to need those chips to produce some fold equity here in a little bit. think about it for a minute...what hands are you a favorite against? as far as your call on the flop you are getting 1:1 with a hand that you are either a coinflip or way behind many more times then you are ahead.
fold preflop and save those chips for later when either the blinds or your edge is bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's you're cutoff for playing here -- JJ?

johnnybeef
04-26-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what's you're cutoff for playing here -- JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is one of those situations where i would say qq here but jj at the table.

adanthar
04-26-2005, 12:44 AM
You're kidding, right?

It's a fine limp and a nice call that he's very very often a 7:3 favorite on. I'd guess his average edge in this spot is close to 60:40.

I will also say open folding 77 here is close and folding TT is baaaaad.

mizaun
04-26-2005, 01:23 AM
I think you guys are giving this guy way too much credit for a great hand here. He has 500ish chips, he's pushing all sorts of stuff here, alot of overcards, i could see 8s-7s (and worse) from alot of players. I think your ahead the majority of the time, Its not like having your 600 chips at 50/100 is a great situation, you should take your edge here i think.

I think the limp is fine too, I don't really want to raise to like 150-200 and open pushing seems a off in ep. Open folding seems way too tight to me also.

johnnybeef
04-26-2005, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're kidding, right?

It's a fine limp and a nice call that he's very very often a 7:3 favorite on. I'd guess his average edge in this spot is close to 60:40.

I will also say open folding 77 here is close and folding TT is baaaaad.

[/ QUOTE ]

your edge is very marginal here, wait a few hands and a better one will come along. patience is a virtue, especially for a 215er