PDA

View Full Version : Value Betting the River Heads Up

Stork
04-26-2005, 12:04 AM
First hand, heads up on a mostly empty 10-handed table at Pacific 2/4. Pacific doesn't have 6-max tables this low, but I get bored playing full so I tend to do alot of table hopping, usually I leave when it gets more than 4-handed.

I get J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif and complete the small blind.

He checks to see a flop of J/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2SB)
Check-bet-call.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2BB)
Check-bet-call.

River: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4BB)
Check...what I do now?

Goodnews
04-26-2005, 12:17 AM
bet, what are you afraid of here?

a pair of kings would have made a c/r on the turn imo.

Do you give credit to your opponent for hitting his bdfd? Even then, I'd bet.

Stork
04-26-2005, 01:16 AM
So I bet.

He raises.

Do you call it?

Alobar
04-26-2005, 03:24 AM
im confused, you are in the SB, yet have position?? Is it a mostly empty table, or is it just you 2?

Ill assume HU,

If you think your good a little over half the time when called, then bet, if not, then check. Sans read, I prolly check, I dont think someone is going to call you with a 3 or a 4 or A high, after you bet all three streets. But I dunno.

JrJordan
04-26-2005, 03:46 AM
I bet this river since more often than not you'd see a raise from a K on the turn. I probably call a raise as well, but hate myself for it.

mperich
04-26-2005, 03:58 AM
This is a very easy river bet. I think you can fold to the checkraise against most players here.

-Mike

BreakEvenPlayer
04-26-2005, 04:55 AM
first off don't be completing blinds heads up. raise any hand you are going to play with position.

and yeah it's a river bet.

Surfbullet
04-26-2005, 05:00 AM
I raise pf, and bet the river.

Surf

Stork
04-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah so I folded to his river check-raise, but even as I was betting the river, I didn't like it. I think it's closer with a hand like AJ if there's a chance he has a weaker J than me. As it stood though, I don't think a bet here shows a profit. Alot of people just assume that small stakes players will call all the way with nothing, but I wouldn't expect him to call the river with anything I can beat unless he backed into a lone pair of tens. Any 2 overcards has at least a higher pair than me at this point, backdoor flush and straight draws came in, and it's just too easy for him either flopped two pair or backed into it by now, and my hand isn't huge at this point.

Stork
04-26-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
first off don't be completing blinds heads up. raise any hand you are going to play with position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard this advice before, and I don't agree with it. I see no reason to completely ignore one of my options.

And Alobar: it was just us 2 at the table so I was the SB and the button.